Atoms For Peace - AMOK

The_(Greek)_tourist

yeah... that's the rip quality that does that. he didn't change anything since that NPR, he can't. come on, the album is already pressing for the release in 2 WEEKS. you can't make changes this close to a release. also, I've read the speakers on the leak were inverted, why? I don't know. so don't panic. thank you.

The NPR thing was recorded last summer before the Moma thing so in fact it is possible. I love the song but it lacks a energy I was hoping it would have.

Oh and a five page interview with Thom... in french:

http://www.lesinrocks.com/2013/02/07/musique/thom-yorke-linterview-fleuve-11352798/

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NPR thing was recorded last summer before the Moma thing so in fact it is possible. I love the song but it lacks a energy I was hoping it would have.

I hope not, the opening guitar bit was wicked. I can't see any reason why he'd want it much quieter...

I still like the song though, when I first listened to it I was a little underwhelmed, but after I'd pissed about with the volume levels afterwards and made it much louder - I enjoyed it a lot more.

Surprisingly optimistic song as well...

Oh and a five page interview with Thom... in french:

http://www.lesinrocks.com/2013/02/07/musique/thom-yorke-linterview-fleuve-11352798/

the interview for All Songs Considered that was aired last week? anyway, I doubt he changed anything. The interviewer didn't have the full album back then, it's impossible...

It's like he likes doing the exact opposite of the previous album release.

In rainbows: Digital/pay what you want which was some computer age forward thinking --------> TKOL: the newspaper album which was an ode to a dying media

TKOL: super secretive --------> Amok: give everyone and their moms a copy

In a French interview that came out yesterday:

Thom: I’m talking a little more about this project than the others, than Radiohead albums or the Eraser, because I want it to be understood, or at least not misunderstood. Atoms for Peace is hard to explain. I’m aware of all that can be said on my whims about electronic music, but if people want to hear me sing with an acoustic guitar, the songs already exist, and sometimes I still write them! (laughs)

Personally I also think he's doing it because AFP is an entirely new project that no one really knows about, where as EVERYONE knows Radiohead and Thom Yorke.

Also:

http://www.thinktankmedia.co.uk/blog/Atoms

Little bit about the limited edition Vinyl/CD case by the people who made it.

That reminds me, lyrics to Before Your Very Eyes straight from the lyrics sheet with the limited edition.

Look out of the window

What's passing you buy

If you really want this bad enough

You're young and good looking

The keys to the kingdom

Sooner or later

Sooner or later

Sooner or later

And before your very eyes

Old soul, young shoulders