Girl In Rainbows

The official NZ/Australia tour thread

Yeh I checked all the news websites and all of them are posting pictures of Thom, it is so annoying. Jesus this is Radiohead not a Thom Yorke solo act.

Here ya go:

tumblr_md38kj7c0I1r2w1nmo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_md3aktSIDV1r2w1nmo2_1280.jpg

PS: Myxo was dedicated to Mittens? :lol:

that's soo true - Everything about him was so hot, like the way he moved, pushed his hair back and played the guitar - no picture can capture that hotness. While the song Nude was playing, i remembered only watching him. :wub:

IF ANYONE IS SELLING THE AUCKLAND CUSTOMIZED TOUR SHIRT- PLEASE SEND ME A PM. I REALLY REALLY NEED ONE - I FORGOT ABOUT IT AFTER THE CONCERT AND I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE. I AM PREPARED TO PAY MORE THAN WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

After years of waiting... I finally saw Radiohead live!!!... at Brisbane Entertainment Centre gig on Friday Nov 9.

The band exceeded all my expectations - but the crowd was a bit of a puzzle, I have to admit. I wasn't sure if their utter stillness signified rapt adoration with the genius we collectively call "Radiohead" or some sort of disappointment/disconnection with a set-list comprised mostly of TKOL/post-OKC material. Sure, the band got a rousing response at the end of each song, but during the actual performances themselves there was a distinct lack of cheering and waving, or singing along. Moreover, those in the stands almost unanimously chose to remain seated throughout. NOT what I was expecting, I must say. Truthfully, it made me feel a little ashamed of my old hometown... I wanted to yell: "Wake up to yourself, Bris-Vegas! For most of you this will be a once in a lifetime experience!" - except they probably would've actually heard me over their stunned silence.

Now, onto the concert itself: Musically and visually, the band's performance was intense, explosive AND emotional. Vocally, Thom was in fine form... pulling off sublime versions of Nude, Reckoner, GUTG and Separator. His voice held out during Lotus Flower, Street Spirit and Paranoid Android, but its ragged edge showed itself on those songs which luckily can handle such treatment, such as MMM, Myxo, Airbag and Idioteque. There wasn't a lot of banter between songs, but Thom seemed in a jovial mood, giggling and dancing like a manic leprechaun, as is his wont. He launched into a "Mockney" accent on occasion and joked around with some people at the front who were passing around a bottle of vodka (Thom: "Oh, you guyths!") At one point he swore - seemingly at Jonny (shock, horror!) - when some sound effect or other wasn't audible, but regathered his good humour and brought the final encore home in blistering style.

The rhythm section was amazing! :o <3 The two drummers (at one point, FOUR drummers) worked together fantastically well in a live setting. Colin's bass practically acted as a surrogate heart pump during a couple of songs... Feral in particular. Jonny was Jonny - what else can I say? Besides his obvious musical indispensability, he provided a fair deal of visual drama with his ubiquitous hunch-backed hair-tossing and unique guitar strumming technique. But Ed was The Man, in my opinion. Really, Ed comes into his own in a live setting I think. He really seems to enjoy being in front of a crowd. He added the usual atmospherics... he crooned... he flailed his arms like a 1930's torch singer... and he was the last to leave the stage when the show was done. :)

After years of waiting... I finally saw Radiohead live!!!... at Brisbane Entertainment Centre gig on Friday Nov 9.

The band exceeded all my expectations - but the crowd was a bit of a puzzle, I have to admit. I wasn't sure if their utter stillness signified rapt adoration with the genius we collectively call "Radiohead" or some sort of disappointment/disconnection with a set-list comprised mostly of TKOL/post-OKC material. Sure, the band got a rousing response at the end of each song, but during the actual performances themselves there was a distinct lack of cheering and waving, or singing along. Moreover, those in the stands almost unanimously chose to remain seated throughout. NOT what I was expecting, I must say. Truthfully, it made me feel a little ashamed of my old hometown... I wanted to yell: "Wake up to yourself, Bris-Vegas! For most of you this will be a once in a lifetime experience!" - except they probably would've actually heard me over their stunned silence.

Now, onto the concert itself: Musically and visually, the band's performance was intense, explosive AND emotional. Vocally, Thom was in fine form... pulling off sublime versions of Nude, Reckoner, GUTG and Separator. His voice held out during Lotus Flower, Street Spirit and Paranoid Android, but its ragged edge showed itself on those songs which luckily can handle such treatment, such as MMM, Myxo, Airbag and Idioteque. There wasn't a lot of banter between songs, but Thom seemed in a jovial mood, giggling and dancing like a manic leprechaun, as is his wont. He launched into a "Mockney" accent on occasion and joked around with some people at the front who were passing around a bottle of vodka (Thom: "Oh, you guyths!") At one point he swore - seemingly at Jonny (shock, horror!) - when some sound effect or other wasn't audible, but regathered his good humour and brought the final encore home in blistering style.

The rhythm section was amazing! :o <3 The two drummers (at one point, FOUR drummers) worked together fantastically well in a live setting, with Phil distinguished from Clive with a big "S" sign, for the benefit of those not lucky enough to be on the rail (ie: me) :P Colin's bass practically acted as a surrogate heart pump during a couple of songs... Feral in particular. Jonny was Jonny - what else can I say? Besides his obvious musical indispensability, he provided a fair deal of visual drama with his ubiquitous hunch-backed hair-tossing and unique guitar strumming technique. But Ed was The Man, in my opinion. Really, Ed comes into his own in a live setting I think. He really seems to enjoy being in front of a crowd. He added the usual atmospherics... he crooned... he flailed his arms like a 1930's torch singer... and he was the last to leave the stage when the show was done. :)

Sounds like you had a great time!! Argh Jonny must really hate Thom this tour. Bet he yelled at him during idioteque, not Jon Jon's fault the machine fucks up.

I agree with your observations about Ed. He seems really relaxed these days. I might be wrong but when I watched videos of the In Rainbows tour he didn't look too happy on stage or maybe he was just concentrating idk? Its nice to see him loosen up. He has a very beautiful smile, I could see his face breaking into two while they played Kid A and Identikit.

I did thanks, Girl In Rainbows... it was the most excited I've been about a live gig since I was a teenager! (and believe me, that was a long, long time ago) ;P Yeah you're right, if memory serves, it WAS during Ideoteque that Thom yelled at Jonny, haha. But it didn't seem to phase him - those two have a wonderful working relationship ;) And yes, Smiley Ed looked very relaxed and comfortable up there :) Now I just want to do it all over again... oh well, maybe in another 8 years :P