Future of the Radiohead tour??

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad they took the time to get better, I was afraid they would freak out in the middle of the show. Things like this don't go away in a couple days.

I also think they have to understand who has the faults with it, to avoid it to happen again.

For those in fear of Jonny's Martenot being destroyed, fear not. He uses a controller not the real Martenot that he owns. Here look http://www.analogues...o.uk/index2.htm Down at the bottom of this page you will see a little blurb about how Jonny commissioned Analogue Systems to create it for him over ten years ago.

according to the website, the french connection instrument he uses in place of the ondes costs £1050, so I don't think it'll be too difficult to replace.

The instruments aren't a problem really - the cost isn't an issue and even the rare stuff can be replaced with modern gear. You KNOW Radiohead will do the business musically.

The lighting is a different matter entirely though: its custom made and cannot be easily or quickly replaced. For that reason I suspect the next shows will have a quite different visual set-up. That is inevitable I'm afraid given the timeframes involved. I dare say it will be amazing nonetheless.

More important by far than any of this of course is the state of mind the band members and crew must currently be in.

Christ knows how they must be feeling....

Rescheduled European Dates

We have new dates for the postponed shows.

They are as follows:

SEPTEMBER

Thursday 20th - Switzerland, Canton de Vaud - Quarry of St Triphon

Saturday 22nd - Italy, Roma - Hyppodrome Capanelle - Rock in Roma

Sunday 23rd - Italy, Florence - Parco Delle Cascine

Tuesday 25th - Italy, Bologna - Arena Parco Nord

Wednesday 26th - Italy, Codroipo (Udine) - Villa Manin

Saturday 29th - Germany, Berlin - Wuhlheide (this replaces the 6th July show)

Sunday 30th - Germany, Berlin - Wuhlheide (this replaces the 7th July show)

All original tickets are valid for the re-scheduled date.

However, if you are unable to attend the re-scheduled date please visit the tour date page and click on the relevant date for refund information.

Yeah probably 2016. Obviously they aren't going to come back during an investigation but if they don't play a show in Toronto in the next year I'll be pretty bitter as selfish as that is.

Like... they couldn't have played twice in a proper fucking venue. Gah

AWESOME idea to play an open air gig at the end of September in Berlin.Will be a great rainy show.I don't understand why they didn't switch to an inside venue...

Because they had like one week to rearrange things and they already had a deal with the venue and it wasn't their intention to play there in the autumn, to start with?

That said, I'd prefer it if the gig was rescheduled to August. The date is a bit inconvenient tbh, I don't have all the information yet if we'll be free to go at that time, so I just keep hoping and trying to be optimistic about it, but this uncertainty and minor obstacles and inconveniences make me a bit anxious.

To clarify, I'm not complaining or pointing out any mistake or anything like that - it would be totally foolish and ingrateful; I'm just venting my worries. I hope we'll see the gig because such an opportunity might not repeat soon (especially if they got scared and put off by what happened; wouldn't blame them) and because for some wierd reason I feel I owe it to them for holding the shows despite the difficulties.

can you imagine when they come on stage at the first show?

I predict an ovation like no other.

I hope they get plenty of crowd love. :wub:

I'm so happy they are continuing the tour and rescheduling shows. I already had my chance to see them so this doesn't affect me, but still, the tour was going so well, they were busting out new songs and b-sides, and it would be sad to end the tour on a tragic note. I wish the best of luck to Radiohead and I hope they can still find some music magic after all they have been through.

Yeah probably 2016. Obviously they aren't going to come back during an investigation but if they don't play a show in Toronto in the next year I'll be pretty bitter as selfish as that is.

The bitterness has already began to fill up inside of me but if we get a new date set up by the end of the year, I think I can supress it. Of all the bands this had to happen to, it had to be radiohead. 'you guys were a great audience! See you again in five years!!'

The bitterness has already began to fill up inside of me but if we get a new date set up by the end of the year, I think I can supress it. Of all the bands this had to happen to, it had to be radiohead. 'you guys were a great audience! See you again in five years!!'

feel lucky that fucking rig didnt fall on you during your show, or any shows previous... or kill the band. 100,000 people will probably see them before the end of this tour. thats 3 more continents in coming months. europe, asia, australia. thank your lucky stars that they are playing at all after that. they will be back in N.A. one day. seeing that you are in "western new york", i think there were about 8 shows with in a tank of gas, you had plenty of chances. time to share and wait your turn. they will be back.

I'm barely 17 bro, no way in hell I'm getting outta state without my parents assistance. I'm just being selfish. I'm glad everyone else still gets to see them.

Yeah i'd be gutted if that happened to me!

Thank god the tour and the London Oct 8th show is still on!

Lets hope future safety is top notch for all concerned.

• 2 months later...

Guys, can someone please clarify: the Rome concert on 22/09, \

Can I buy tickets from non waste companies or 3 rd person? I mean for some venue's radiohead tickets are with a buyer's name on it and everyone is checked on the entrance with a valid ID.

Someone knows if its same for this particular venue? manyu thanks!