Radiohead Manchester 2012

15%OffYourNextOrder

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the LCCC too and it was the best 2 hours of my life - and I've been lucky enough to go to quite a lot of gigs in my time!

Yes the crowd was very boisterous that day but it will be very different in October. Its going to be a night for true fans and I'm expecting something special...

I've probbably been to twenty or so gigs at the arena, mostly sell-outs, and the crowd and the atmosphere are always superb - I can't wait. I'm expecting it to be a much more electric atmosphere than the O2 gigs, that's for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Me and the missus will be in the Hard Rock cafe (for those who don't know Manchester its literally 5 minutes around the corner from the arena) from about 5pm if any of you guys want to meet up? Usually a good vibe in there and for sure all they will be playing will be Radiohead.

First rounds on me.

I'm the short guy in the tatty black 2006 Tour t-shirt...

sort anything out yet? i haven't thought about accommodation as much as i should. prob looking for a close hotel, anyone got a good heads up?

Paid £25 for a mixed bunk bed dorm, which is what i get for leaving it late. Its a place called Ashton House which is about 50 metres from the actual venue so convenient in that sense though I feel like I may as well go into the city centre afterwards just to see whats what. If you want a proper room to yourself the prices are getting pretty high now, if youre on a budget anyway. Try laterooms.com, its where I found my place.

sort anything out yet? i haven't thought about accommodation as much as i should. prob looking for a close hotel, anyone got a good heads up?

I left it late too and the cheapest/ closest hotel I could find was Ancoats Travelodge at £98. I've stayed there before and it's alright....well it's a bed and a decent shower ...and not too far from the arena.

They are probably (long since) full by now but in my experience the best two hotels are the Crown Plaza and the Holiday Inn Express, which is next door to it. Huge and secure carpark on the opposite side of the road too. Literally two minutes from the Arndale Centre / City centre and five minutes from the Arena, so you can't go wrong, especially if the weather (as is often the case in Manchester) is shite. Both are quite new (the H.I.E is very new) and if you shop around you can get a double room + breakfast for £70-ish. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfy. Bathrooms/showers are spotless. I've stayed at them both quite a few times and have never had any cause for complaint. The breakfast isn't bad either.

It would definitely be worth checking if they have had any cancellations.

depends where you go, some hot blokes canal st. area

lolol

anyway, im mildly excited for this. think my dad is more excited than me and he doesnt like king of limbs because you cant sing along much ha

i assume that as they come on to the stage il cream my pants and remember why they're my favourite band

until then, meh

im also not really looking forward to being in the seats but such is life