Amnesiac-Reckoner

TORONTO - Downsview Park

I wasa shocked & saddend to hear this news yesterday.

My heart goes out to Scotts family & frinds, and all the rest of the crew & the band.

I hope those injured make a full & speedy recovery.

RIP Scott.xx

It's cringey people are asking about equipment, a man died ffs!

we already went over several times that it's ok to ask about RH stage equipment. We are all sorry for Scott, wondering about if jonny's guitar survived doesn't mean we don't care about the people involved in this accident.

Hello everybody.

A sad way to come back and post here on MT.

I had a bad feeling since I've heard the news about the TKOL tour.

I've wondering if I felt that duo Lost Angeles art by Donwood. I was wrong.

I believe they have to get back all their gear before the Toronto's police concludes the investigation.

Just after that they will think abaout what they will do to the Tour.

Below a image of ondes.

mmrtenor.jpg

:icon_cry:

There is a Fund dedicated to Scott being created.

Later I will publish a Thread about it. It seems only US would donate for a while.

Hello everybody.

A sad way to come back and post here on MT.

I had a bad feeling since I've heard the news about the TKOL tour.

I've wondering if I felt that duo Lost Angeles art by Donwood. I was wrong.

I believe they have to get back all their gear before the Toronto's police concludes the investigation.

Just after that they will think abaout what they will do to the Tour.

Below a image of ondes.

mmrtenor.jpg

:icon_cry:

There is a Fund dedicated to Scott being created.

Later I will publish a Thread about it. It seems only US would donate for a while.

i don't think Jonny takes an actual ondes on tour with him, it also doesn't really look like one to me...

i don't think Jonny takes an actual ondes on tour with him, it also doesn't really look like one to me...

yeah, its the french connection, the ondes martenot like controller. you are both right. i wonder what all of that stuff looks like now. jeeze. just think about tons of stuff falling 60 feet. its an insane thought. poor Scott & co. RIP.

In my last post here, I was so excited and confident that the show would be great, no matter the venue, rain or shine. I was slowly stunned and saddened by what happened. I was standing in line when I first read the reports on twitter, which I thought was a joke or false rumour. There had to be thousands or people waiting there, and nobody even knew for a while. I think it was about 20 minutes or so after the collapse when the security people announced that the show was cancelled. It was a huge mass of disappointment. Reality sets in.

those who have seen them this tour, was this their best tour yet? toronto was going to be my only stop this tour, for financial reasons.

The heavy percussion they do on some of the new stuff kinda muddles the sound at times. But the setlists have been great.

They will play again, and almost definitely play the the European tour.

Contracts have been signed and default clauses included which is the sad side of the business.

Radiohead had there North American gear crushed but as it has been before, back in 2006 they basically copied their gear and leave it in storage locker to minimize carbon foot prints to ship it back and forth. The European gear is fine, they will have back ups... think about the electrical socket difference between N.A. and Europe

The stage collapse will result in a long investigation and time will tell. Several different groups unfamiliar with each other putting together a 70 foot high load bearing structure in three days, along with being hot and tired(last show of this leg) may have been partly responsible, but again time will tell.

My four tickets for the downsview show are sitting in my room and I just asked WASTE to send my refund to Scott Johnson's family/fund.

I am sad like I friend I hadn't seen in a long time passed away, my Heart and Soul go out to all involved.

Come on man! Do you seriously think they'll put all their shows on hold because a guy died? They're proffesionals, this is their job. Shit happens, but they'll move on.

so many issues w/ this post

"a guy died"

"shit happens"

no no no no nono no nono.

do you understand how traumatic an experience like this can be?

yes, "shit happens", but it doesnt matter who you are, "proffesional" or not, you are a god damn human being and those are nasty and powerful emotions to feel.

last year i witnessed 4 ppl drown to death, and i was about 3 minutes away from being in their place... the most traumatic experience i have ever had in my life.. a year later, i am still very messed up over it. and you better bet that it deeply affected and still affects my life

things like that can really mess with the human psyche

god bless the band & those injured, and of him and his family

Contracts have been signed and default clauses included which is the sad side of the business.

hadn't thought about that, guess it'd be pretty hard to get out of them :(

hadn't thought about that, guess it'd be pretty hard to get out of them :(

yeah, but that is a good thing, legally speaking. that right there is an insurance policy, a "CYA", as they say. this was a structural fault caused human error. now which humans performed the error? from what i have been hearing this stage was constructed before they even got to canada for a festival. Ticker Tape LLC will be looked at, but thats just as a overview of an investigation. im sure they are above board, as our boys seem like the trustful type. :)

Live Nation had something to do with this, and likely are the largest stakeholder of the operation. Legally and financially speaking, it looks alright for the band. However, morale, optimism and excitement wont be there for a while, im sure. If they decide to play out again, expect something different to what we have seen. for all of the talk of duplicate equipment, as there may be, the trepidation will remain. one of their employees and friends died, that alone should reorient the structure of future proceedings. rest in peace, Scott.

WASTE just refunded my money. Don't know if it was a result of my message yesterday or automatic. Well....I didn't know Mr. Thompson and I don't know Radiohead or their crew but I've been feeling sad for them the last couple of days. I hope they come out of this in the best shape they could.

WASTE just refunded my money. Don't know if it was a result of my message yesterday or automatic. Well....I didn't know Mr. Thompson and I don't know Radiohead or their crew but I've been feeling sad for them the last couple of days. I hope they come out of this in the best shape they could.

I sure know what you mean. I was so obsessed about reading about it Saturday and periodically had moments of complete breakdown and sobbing. I think I may have cried myself to sleep Saturday night. Sunday was awful. I couldn't think of anything else. I was just so depressed. I feel so bad for all involved. I know we all don't personally know Radiohead, but if you are dedicated and need to listen to them everyday, it's bound to affect you. Their music has become a part of me now. They are such good and kind hearted guys, it really just seems so unfair. Truly sad for Scott's family first and foremost. I would imagine they will all be super hesitant to get back on the stage. Anxiety has a way of messing with your mind. I hope they can continue with the tour as it stands, for their own sakes. They really love music so much. I think the first show or two back, will be full of nerves and uncertainty for them. They'll have to patient with themselves and each other. What an awesome band Radiohead are that they pull us all together in good and bad times. Love and peace to all.