Amnesiac-Reckoner

TORONTO - Downsview Park

Hello,

The last time I purchased tickets for a Radiohead show was back in 2008, I believe. I don't recall using WASTE, but I think I went through Ticket Master.

Anyways, I'm wondering what the best way to acquire tickets for the Toronto show would be? I've heard other people mentioning pre-sale tickets. So, we will be able to buy tickets from Radiohead's website BEFORE the March 8th date listed? Or is March 8th the pre-sale date? Does anyone have the exact link to the page that will be selling these tickets on March 8th or whenever the presage tickets go up?

Also, are there any requirements beyond signing up for WASTE?

Finally, to those of you who have purchased tickets via WASTE before, do you have any tips about getting tickets? What time to get up, which links to click, etc.?

crappy venue!!!! everbody else gets to see them indoors as tour was meant to be seen except for festivals and toronto has to have it outdoors in a flat field. Went to Miami which i'm so glad i did, would have been disappointed for toronto show. If it rains or is cool it will be crap!!! Probably those idiots at ACC wanted too much$$$$ and tickets are not priced very high and band would have had to make them higher.

crappy venue!!!! everbody else gets to see them indoors as tour was meant to be seen except for festivals and toronto has to have it outdoors in a flat field. Went to Miami which i'm so glad i did, would have been disappointed for toronto show. If it rains or is cool it will be crap!!! Probably those idiots at ACC wanted too much$$$$ and tickets are not priced very high and band would have had to make them higher.

Gotta admit, I'm worried about this. I gotta take the chance though, it could be my only opportunity ever.

crappy venue!!!! everbody else gets to see them indoors as tour was meant to be seen except for festivals and toronto has to have it outdoors in a flat field. Went to Miami which i'm so glad i did, would have been disappointed for toronto show. If it rains or is cool it will be crap!!! Probably those idiots at ACC wanted too much$$ and tickets are not priced very high and band would have had to make them higher.

Really? I am happy its at downsveiw! Waaaay better than the amphitheater, larger capcity and a better vibe. I have seen every Radiohead show in Toronto since 2000 and the best one was at Molson park. Kinda the same thing other than the flat surface you mentioned.

hey MTers!

it's been a while since i've posted here, but i'm really looking forward to this show and had to share my excitement!!!

The show is in ONE WEEK!

Fans, I don't think we have to worry about the venue, weather, etc. I've seen Radiohead at Hummingbird/Sony and Molson Amphitheatre and they were both amazing shows. I have no doubt that this will be a wonderful show.

5 more sleeps!

Maybe even 4! Ill be at Montreal and my train leaves at 630 the next morning...Ill probably be too excited to sleep after the Montreal show

Maybe even 3 actually...probably wont be able to sleep Thursday night with all the anticipation haha

Is anybody else doing both?

And what time do people plan on getting to downsview?

If you get to Downsview early enough, you'll hear soundcheck. I'd guess it'll be around 4pm. It could be anytime between 2pm and 6pm. I got to hear it in Montreal in 2008 because it was an outdoor venue. I could hear very clearly.

If you get to Downsview early enough, you'll hear soundcheck. I'd guess it'll be around 4pm. It could be anytime between 2pm and 6pm. I got to hear it in Montreal in 2008 because it was an outdoor venue. I could hear very clearly.

Yeah Ill be there by 1, probably even before Radiohead themselves lol

Yeah Ill be there by 1, probably even before Radiohead themselves lol

Hop on their plane with them. That way you can get some decent sleep. Thom will entertain you with laptop beats the whole flight.

If you're there at 1 you will definitely be right up front. A handful of people may be there before you but it's such a wide stage there's room for all of you diehards to be against the rail. Enjoy not peeing for 10 hours. Though the last two hours you won't even feel your bladder. See ya at the bell centre.

You sure being by there by 1 is enough to get up front? I was under the impression we need to be there by early in the morning. Me and my friends were even staying overnight, but that's probably excessive.

You sure being by there by 1 is enough to get up front? I was under the impression we need to be there by early in the morning. Me and my friends were even staying overnight, but that's probably excessive.

I can't be sure. If your plan was to get there even earlier, don't let me dissuade you. I Might Be Wrong.

Yeah still havent figured out the whole peeing situation...hopefully Ill have a friend with me to save the spot and the other people in front/behind me will be cool with saving spots since Im sure theyre going to have to pee also haha. Otherwise a bottle it is! And I would be getting there earlier than 1, but my train from MTL only gets in at that time.

And like codexedoc said, the stage is wide enough that Im sure we'll all get front rail, or even within the first 3 rows which to me is good enough

Probably not gonna get there til 6. Not planning on getting rail of course but I should still be able to sneak my way up close, I think.

I have used this tactic my whole life and have had nothing but success!

I hate this venue. I wish it was at The Amphitheatre. Or better yet, Hummingbird Center. Or is it called The Sony Center, now? That was by far the best Toronto Radiohead show. Hummingbird Center.

Anyway, I really hope there's shade. I'm dragging along my 55 year old mother, who loves Radiohead but hates summer and hates standing. So it took a LOT of persuading for her to come with me.

Somebody tell me there's shade and benches or SOMETHING. I was there for SARSTOCK, but I'm hoping it's not the same part of the park.

Is it? Will this be just a completely void piece of land with a stage?

:o :o :o :o what the hell, just read that too?! ambulances? isn't 4 o'clock the usual time for soundchecks? hoping for the best...

edit: btw, I care for the band, but also for crew members, etc. scary shit.