8 days til new RH material!

Some of the AFP recordings beg to differ.

Well, I'm not saying that every gig in 2012 is going to be recorded fully, but I'm fairly sure most of the TKOL tour gigs will.

And, as is often the case, there'll be great recordings that'll never be circulated publicly. Edgar still has two Atoms for Peace recordings that he hasn't shared yet...

Well, I'm not saying that every gig in 2012 is going to be recorded fully, but I'm fairly sure most of the TKOL tour gigs will.

And, as is often the case, there'll be great recordings that'll never be circulated publicly. Edgar still has two Atoms for Peace recordings that he hasn't shared yet...

True. And hell, even if none of them get AUD tapes, we'll have pro-shots of at least some of Coachella, and the ACL show to look forward to. I'm not particularly up on Bonnaroo - do we normally get pro footage from that?

until they do otherwise, people should treat this as the TKOL tour and not assume we'll be treated to anything else (certainly to start off with). they don't have too great a track record when it comes to delivering on hints of playing new songs live, outside of specific 'preview and polish' tours. as much as i'd like to hear new material, i dare say that plenty of people going to these gigs haven't got to grips with the last album yet.

until they do otherwise, people should treat this as the TKOL tour and not assume we'll be treated to anything else (certainly to start off with). they don't have too great a track record when it comes to delivering on hints of playing new songs live, outside of specific 'preview and polish' tours. as much as i'd like to hear new material, i dare say that plenty of people going to these gigs haven't got to grips with the last album yet.

As much as I agree with your hesitancy, hoping to hear some new material this tour isn't entirely baseless.

Radiohead are returning to the studio as well. They will work on new material at their recording space in Oxford, England, in December and January. "We can get things together quite rapidly at the moment," Yorke says brightly. He mentions one song, "Come to Your Senses." "We have this version of it. It's a ?ve-minute rehearsal, but it has the essence of what we need. "There are a few of those," he adds. "It would be fun to have them ready when we go to play next year. I don't know how we would release them." Yorke smiles hopefully. "It would be nice to make it all part of the flow and just enjoy it - not think about it too much."

Source