Most skilled member of the band

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most skilled member of Radiohead?

I think jonny is the most tallented all round musician.

Thom is the most tallented songwriter.

I think a better question to ask is who is the best musician in terms of technical musicianship and musical feel and orignality in teh parts they write for themselves on their respective main instrument.

So who wins in the following battle?

Thom on vocals

Ed on guitar

Jonny on guitar

Colin on bass

Philip on drums

Personaly I would say it was a toss up between Philip and Jonny and Thom.

Personally I think

I think jonny is the most tallented all round musician.

Thom is the most tallented songwriter.

I think a better question to ask is who is the best musician in terms of technical musicianship and musical feel and orignality in teh parts they write for themselves on their respective main instrument.

So who wins in the following battle?

Thom on vocals

Ed on guitar

Jonny on guitar

Colin on bass

Philip on drums

Personaly I would say it was a toss up between Philip and Jonny and Thom.

Personally I think

Phil's drumming is very underrated, I think. His performances in Just, Morning Bell, SHA, and Weird Fishes are all incredible.

Colin, Ed, and Phil are replaceable. You can find guys with the same skill-set and Radiohead would still sound like Radiohead.

Jonny would be hard to replace.

Thom is almost irreplaceable from a Radiohead standpoint. He's not only a musician, but a writer, and a front-man that can move crowds.

With that being said there are a lot of things Thom can do but a lot of things he can't do either. And Jonny is the perfect compliment to what Thom lacks. I think from sheer technicality of music Jonny is more skilled. But Thom has a variety of more skills.

Kind of hard.

Colin, Ed, and Phil are replaceable. You can find guys with the same skill-set and Radiohead would still sound like Radiohead.

Thom is almost irreplaceable from a Radiohead standpoint. He's not only a musician, but a writer, and a front-man that can move crowds.

With that being said there are a lot of things Thom can do but a lot of things he can't do either. And Jonny is the perfect compliment to what Thom lacks. I think from sheer technicality of music Jonny is more skilled. But Thom has a variety of more skills.

Kind of hard.

Kind of hard.

lol