Radiohead's music and mushrooms

When TKOL came out of Feb 19, 2011 I went to class, came home and ate the remainder of my mushrooms.

I have never felt anything like that in my entire life.

The most significant part, to me, was the ending of Codex with all the horns.

It was the first time I ever heard it.

I will never experience anything like that again in my life.

What I felt and saw was as close to divinity as humanly possible.

When TKOL came out of Feb 19, 2011 I went to class, came home and ate the remainder of my mushrooms.

I have never felt anything like that in my entire life.

The most significant part, to me, was the ending of Codex with all the horns.

It was the first time I ever heard it.

I will never experience anything like that again in my life.

What I felt and saw was as close to divinity as humanly possible.

You should see them live on shrooms....

Kid A + shrooms = yes

I definitely agree with this. Radiohead does not require drugs. But if you use drugs, Radiohead makes for a good pairing.

Totally agreed.

I didn't mean to imply that Radiohead's music is bad without mushrooms.

It is the very best without them, and even better with them. :)

Sounds like a ton of bull-shit TYW has posted nonsense for as long as he's been here and this is the first time he's decided to tell of his first experience with TKOL? Yeah, okay.

Really?

I think I posted one nonsensical thing ever, and I thought it was pretty funny.

The part at the end of Codex made what I saw start morphing the most futuristic way, it was so ridiculously amazing. Each time the piano chord/horns changed it would like come out from inside itself and morph into somthing completely different, but just as beautiful.

I highly suggest you guys try listening to this album in this manner.

I remember calling my friend saying "THERE IS NO NEED FOR ANY OTHER MUSIC EVER, TKOL IS IT".

He thought I was nuts, bcuz he listened to it and was just like ...really?

The ones that really stuck out on mushrooms were Little by Little, Codex and Separator.

Little by Little has so much more depth to it, so many more layers than you could possibly hear or even comprehend while not in a higher state of mind.

you can do this without shrooms

open your ears and mind

but don't expect the experience to be repeated if you take shrooms while seeing them live. more or less it'll end up sucking. the energy of a large group of people really sucks the life out of the shroom experience. i wouldn't recommend it. shrooms are better on a small scale spectrum. they provoke an introspective experience since your body is essentially working to prevent the poison from killing you. the trip is the adrenal death drive pulsing through your veins. obviously, a near-death experience is generally not ideal for a public situation... you want something ideal for large group situations like a concert, try e or cocaine. you'll have more fun with those.

rarely had bad trips, but never combined the two together, too scared of ruining one of the most precious thing i have in this life

i went to a gig really fucking high though. so the night ended up being more fear and loathingesque than radioheadesque, but the little bits that I remember from it sure stick with me

but don't expect the experience to be repeated if you take shrooms while seeing them live. more or less it'll end up sucking. the energy of a large group of people really sucks the life out of the shroom experience. i wouldn't recommend it. shrooms are better on a small scale spectrum. they provoke an introspective experience since your body is essentially working to prevent the poison from killing you. the trip is the adrenal death drive pulsing through your veins. obviously, a near-death experience is generally not ideal for a public situation... you want something ideal for large group situations like a concert, try e or cocaine. you'll have more fun with those.

I dunno...I when I saw them at Bonnaroo on shrooms it was pretty damn glorious. I was deep in the crowd too about 20 feet away from the front but I was so engulfed in the experience I didn't even had time to think about a bad trip. But, that is kind of a special place to be shrooming in the first place, much less throwing Radiohead in the mix...I guess it just depends on the person

I dunno...I when I saw them at Bonnaroo on shrooms it was pretty damn glorious. I was deep in the crowd too about 20 feet away from the front but I was so engulfed in the experience I didn't even had time to think about a bad trip. But, that is kind of a special place to be shrooming in the first place, much less throwing Radiohead in the mix...I guess it just depends on the person

yeah bonnaroo is just a place where people shroom a lot so i would imagine its different than a traditional concert venue as far as tripping goes but only having seen them at bonnaroo and not anywhere else i wouldn't know. i think my friends shroomed the night before at tom petty

god what a fantastic weekend with that radiohead set as the crowning moment

i bet the glow stick sky popcorn was especially glorious for tripping

yeah bonnaroo is just a place where people shroom a lot so i would imagine its different than a traditional concert venue as far as tripping goes but only having seen them at bonnaroo and not anywhere else i wouldn't know. i think my friends shroomed the night before at tom petty

god what a fantastic weekend with that radiohead set as the crowning moment

i bet the glow stick sky popcorn was especially glorious for tripping

It was a religious experience

" since your body is essentially working to prevent the poison from killing you."

I couldn't let this side. Psilocybin/pislocin is not poison. Any substance is toxic at a certain amount, but the LD50 for mushrooms is ridiculously high. Aspirin is more toxic. In terms of what we usually mean by "poison," they don't qualify. They are about as "poisonous" as water.

This is actually one of the more alluring things about them. You get quite a return in the intensity and novelty of experience with minimal risk (aside from having a physical accident/bad trip, etc.). The latter are rather manageable though, and not the result of near death experience. Sitters are valuable.