Hipster Paramedic

Amnesiac b-sides: Your personal favorites

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which Amnesiac b-side is your favorite?

certainly not:

Fast Track, Transatlantic or Worrywort.

I like the rest equally I guess, depending on my mood – I can't vote in the poll 'cause I can't make up my mind : )

edit: unless you make it a multiple choices poll, say 3 votes available

edit2: oh cool, it actually is, great!

I love all the amnesiac b-sides, except The Amazing Sound of Orgy which I can't really get into. My favourite is probably Fast-Track, though I love the second half of Trans-Atlantic Drawl and Kinetic is excellent as well. I always thought radiohead could of made a mini album of sorts with the amnesiac b-sides:

1. Worrywort

2. Cuttooth

3. Fog

4. Kinetic

5. Trans-Atlantic Drawl

6. Fast-Track

7. Fog (Again)

That's of course if you pretend they released fog (again) back then.

This is hard, as most of them are pretty great.

I voted The Amazing Sounds of Orgy and Kinetic as equal faves, though in truth they'd only come a shade above Fog and Cuttooth in my estimation.

The others I like too, but to a lesser degree... except Fast-Track, which quite frankly bores.

Fog is one of their all time best, cuttooth is very good but kinda overrated, worrywort is also good. Drawl and Orgy have some cool sounds happening. The rest suck almost as hard as the HTTT bsides.

In terms of bsides:

OKC>>Amnesiac > TKOL/ IR > The Bends > HTTT/Pablo

Fog is one of their all time best, cuttooth is very good but kinda overrated, worrywort is also good. Drawl and Orgy have some cool sounds happening. The rest suck almost as hard as the HTTT bsides.

In terms of bsides:

OKC>>Amnesiac > TKOL/ IR > The Bends > HTTT/Pablo

the okc b-sides are good if you're a fan of really simplistic song writing

the IR b-sides (CD2) are probably my least favourite. The only one I listen to nowadays is Down is the New Up.

the okc b-sides are good if you're a fan of really simplistic song writing

Polyethylene, Pearly, A Reminder. All phenomenal. And that's not even counting the heaptons of unreleased gold from this era (true love waits! Follow me around!)

The Amazing Sounds of Orgy has that freaky haunting atmosphere I love, like CLimbing up the Walls.

I love that song.

Imagine if they did a halloween show or something and opened with Amazing Sounds... there'd be some happy fans out there!

certainly not:

Fast Track, Transatlantic or Worrywort.

I like the rest equally I guess, depending on my mood – I can't vote in the poll 'cause I can't make up my mind : )

edit: unless you make it a multiple choices poll, say 3 votes available

edit2: oh cool, it actually is, great!

I foresaw your dilemma! :)

Kinetic is phenomenal, Cuttooth is glorious, Fog is wonderful, Worrywort is sonic bliss, Trans Atlantic Drawl is guitar craziness personified, Fasttrack is a belter, Amazing Sounds of Orgy is spooky goodness.

possibly the best music this band has put out, a sonic pleasure. some sort of magic !

could have been turned into an album and would be an instant classic.

Cuttooth is a readiohead classic. my favourite song by them. It has a Neu! thing going on.

Please explain to me the appeal of it. It bores me to tears and isnt as interesting as any of the experimental b-sides around that time.

Please explain to me the appeal of it. It bores me to tears and isnt as interesting as any of the experimental b-sides around that time.

it has a very catchy vocal melody from thom. a great pounding piano melody. a kicking drum beat. i like the lyrics a lot. it's a little bit shoegaze, very upbeat, possibly their most upbeat song. it is also a very busy song. there are lots of layers to it. the guitar distortion/feedback. groovy bass drive from colin.

it may seem a bit straightforward, but it is super catchy + there is so much going on, so it isn't really straightforward.