Sign in to follow this  
Count+Step

DADGad Guitar Chords

I searched for a while on [insert search engine here] for a DADGad chord resource, but didn't find anything really useful. Anybody have a link or some brain knowledge about it?

i play some tunes by 'the autumns' that are in dadgad .. also that 'lift to experience' texas/jerusalem crossroads album is all played in dadgad.

one of the cool things they both do is play this chord: 000750 (basically a big d chord) and slide that form around (just fretting the 2nd and third strings which are the same note and playing the open strings as well).

it's been a while since i played anything in dadgad as i've been on a classical guitar kick recently.

any reason you want to play in dadgad? just trying to keep things fresh?

i play some tunes by 'the autumns' that are in dadgad .. also that 'lift to experience' texas/jerusalem crossroads album is all played in dadgad.

one of the cool things they both do is play this chord: 000750 (basically a big d chord) and slide that form around (just fretting the 2nd and third strings which are the same note and playing the open strings as well).

it's been a while since i played anything in dadgad as i've been on a classical guitar kick recently.

any reason you want to play in dadgad? just trying to keep things fresh?

Cool, I'll try that chord out! I've worked out a D (050200) and a G (520000) so far. I did that from memory, so it may be wrong. <.<

I always try to mess around with tunings every so often. I have two band songs that are in EAD(F#/Gb)be. What I'm doing so far in DADGad is Irish or Celtic-inspired. As for why, I have no idea. haha

I've never had the honor of playing a classical guitar, but I've seen some people play them with all of the range and apparent flexibility of a piano, so there must be something to it.

The cool thing about tunings like dadgab is that you can fret whatever strings you want, almost at random, and you'll make all sorts of cool chords with pared down voicings or unique suspensions that all tie together nicely. Just experiment. Why learn chords? But if you really want to learn chords you should just check out a few songs in that tuning. Zeppelin is always a good place to start. I know Kashmir is in that tuning. Maybe That's the Way too? Black Mountainside is same tuning down a half step.

You should also try dgcgcd.