HYYPIOE

ASCAP seems all the rage at the moment, unearthing some song called 'twist', and now 'HYYPIOE' Work ID: 882810015 which puts it at the same time as TKOL.

Interesting to note that it must be quite an old song - one of the credited writers, Mike Hazlewood, died in 2001.

Seeing as Hazlewood and Albert Louis Hammond both have credits for 'creep', is this a revived, Pablo Honey era song (!)?

Or do they mean Albert Louis Hammond, jr, and it is in fact a strokes collaboration (*joke*)?

ASCAP seems all the rage at the moment, unearthing some song called 'twist', and now 'HYYPIOE' Work ID: 882810015 which puts it at the same time as TKOL.

Interesting to note that it must be quite an old song - one of the credited writers, Mike Hazlewood, died in 2001.

Seeing as Hazlewood and Albert Louis Hammond both have credits for 'creep', is this a revived, Pablo Honey era song (!)?

Or do they mean Albert Louis Hammond, jr, and it is in fact a strokes collaboration (*joke*)?

Hazlewood and Hammond have credits on Creep for a remarkably ludicrous reason. The wrote a song called The Air I Breathe decades ago (it was performed by The Hollies in the 70s) which happened to have the same chord sequence as Creep. So EMI decided the easiest way to avoid a lawsuit was to give them writing credit along with the band.

So what that means for this, I don't know.

Hazlewood and Hammond have credits on Creep for a remarkably ludicrous reason. The wrote a song called The Air I Breathe decades ago (it was performed by The Hollies in the 70s) which happened to have the same chord sequence as Creep. So EMI decided the easiest way to avoid a lawsuit was to give them writing credit along with the band.

So what that means for this, I don't know.

Maybe their next album is a The Hollies tribute album?

But in all seriousness that ascap site is quite interesting.

Do you still get people who claim to have insider info like back in the days? It be interested to know if anything could connect to this ascap info.

Everything has gone quite. I would guess that whatever information is available is known by the band or management and of course Nigel and Stanley only at this time. There are other sites like ASCAP, so maybe we should check those as well?

I would think if they are going to announce a tour soon, there would be some info to leak somewhere.

Everything has gone quite. I would guess that whatever information is available is known by the band or management and of course Nigel and Stanley only at this time. There are other sites like ASCAP, so maybe we should check those as well?

I would think if they are going to announce a tour soon, there would be some info to leak somewhere.

Half yellow yankees partially imposed on everyone

well i got geezer but that won't be the same without the E

Yes, but "e" is often used as a substitute for an umlaut, and the actual Finnish word is "hyypio" with an umlaut above the "o". In any case, if you search for it on google you get a Finnish Wikipedia page. Run that page through Google Translate and it's definitely "creep".

Guest WTF Picky!

Yep good ole

"Hey You, You Put It On Everything"

its about ketchup or catsup, and how the other members of radiohead hated the way Ed put that in everything.