Sign in to follow this  
tomfool

TKOL FROM THE BASEMENT

watch?v=fsQybdqSBRY

watch?v=hb-iqGEBDiw

watch?v=bfehlftf-yo

is that moby???

Nope. Clive Deamer. I guess they needed an extra drummer. This news is kind of old though...

Nope. Clive Deamer. I guess they needed an extra drummer. This news is kind of old though...

what?!!

are you saying i am old?

lets box - you up to date skinny blue eyed boy

for real, today theyve put a box machine in my daily pub.

you know, the real deal

12748-coin-operated-arcade-machines-punch-bag-boxing-amusement-game-machine-1.jpg

i hit 889 points

seems 900 is a joint break

what?!!

are you saying i am old?

lets box - you up to date skinny blue eyed boy

for real, today theyve put a box machine in my daily pub.

you know, the real deal

12748-coin-operated-arcade-machines-punch-bag-boxing-amusement-game-machine-1.jpg

i hit 889 points

seems 900 is a joint break

huh.gif

laugh.gif

i must have done a triple-take on the date of this thread, seriously confused for a minute

a minute ago?

imagine tomfool was sober

fuck THAT right?!??

Dammit tomfool... you SWORE to me that you weren't ALWAYS drunk or high.

Finding that a little hard to believe right now... no judgement intended of course.

still swear i'm not always drunk or high

just as much as human possible

you better start drinking too

how else are you gonna cope with that many friends around?

at the moment its gin tonic

but please dont worry about me

Absinthe is good I hear...

Oops, forgot to check your profile to see if you're 'legal'.

Anyhow, you doing OK man?

For The King Of Limbs Live From The Basement . . . . . what is the exact date it was recorded?

I am not interested in the date of its TV broadcast, online broadcast, DVD release or Blu-ray release.

I could not find the answer in this forum or at the Radiohead Public Library.  However, here's the info I found but I don't know what is accurate:

Be aware . . . . . for the Internet addresses below, I added spaces to them so they would not be active links in this post.

According to the Citizen Insane website:  recorded at the TV studio at The Hospital, London circa May 26 2011

https ://citizeninsane.eu/live/2011/2011-07-09. html

According to the setlist.fm website: recorded at Maida Vale Studios, London on July 1 2011

https ://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2011/maida-vale-studios-london-england-6bdfc216. html

According to Wikipedia: recorded at Maida Vale Studios, London

Because the websites above list two different locations, The Hospital and Maida Vale Studios, it causes me to question the accuracy of both the location and the date.

Is anyone here on the forum willing to give me an Internet source that accurately confirms the date that Radiohead recorded the tracks in that studio performance?

Concerning my post above . . . . . . I asked the same question at the Steve Hoffman music forum.  A member of that forum mentioned an article in the References section of the Wikipedia page for The King Of Limbs Live From The Basement.   I clicked on the link and it took me to the article, which was posted online on June 21, 2011.  The article's author states "Last month I was honored to be invited to Maida Vale Studios to be present for the recording session" . . . . . . so the recording date appears to be May 26 2011.

The article's author says he was invited to Maida Vale Studios.  The Citizen Insane website says the recording took place at the TV studio at The Hospital in London.  The Citizen Insane website is very organized, straightforward and reliable . . . . . . maybe it got the recording date correct . . . . . . but listed the wrong recording location.

7 hours ago, walter ego said:

So if you find other performances from the FTB series, you can compare the look of the two different studios, no?

I had not thought about that.  That makes sense.  I feel like an idiot for not thinking of it . . . . . it seems obvious now that you bring it up.  I guess I've just been so focused on trying to catch up on acquiring b-sides, live tracks and hard-to-find recordings that . . . . . sitting down and watching the two Live From The Basement performances wasn't on my radar.  Thank you for the suggestion.