Radiohead's last live song

Bluebelle

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it won't be street spirit. Thom has expressed how Street Spirit drains him emotionally, and he finds it hard to perform it. So it probably won't be their last performance. Plus that would be an anti-climax, it isn't their best song.

it won't be street spirit. Thom has expressed how Street Spirit drains him emotionally, and he finds it hard to perform it. So it probably won't be their last performance. Plus that would be an anti-climax, it isn't their best song.

This isn't the 90's anymore man.

I don't remember seeing Thom crying when they played Street Spirit to CLOSE OUT their Glastonbury set just a few months ago. They've used the song to close out many sets, including Glasto 2003 which to me, was their best performance.

This isn't the 90's anymore man.

I don't remember seeing Thom crying when they played Street Spirit to CLOSE OUT their Glastonbury set just a few months ago. They've used the song to close out many sets, including Glasto 2003 which to me, was their best performance.

well yeah, he's never broke down on stage, there's a difference you know though

well yeah, he's never broke down on stage, there's a difference you know though

Yes I agree there's a difference. He made those comments way back when he was a diva and wanted to add a twist to the song. Remember "the song wrote itself."

Simultaneously, there's a reason why Street Spirit is probably their favorite closer.

Pop Is Dead.

Damn, I thought I was the only one who thought about it.

But seriously, I'd like Creep.

Anyway, what a sick ugly perverted thread! :angry: I sincerely hope they wouldn't make such an announcement, I'd like to keep believing there'll always be this next chance of seeing them live.

Damn, I thought I was the only one who thought about it.

But seriously, I'd like Creep.

Anyway, what a sick ugly perverted thread! :angry: I sincerely hope they wouldn't make such an announcement, I'd like to keep believing there'll always be this next chance of seeing them live.

Wow, sorry I pissed you off, but it's a little harsh to call this thread sick, ugly, and perverted. Radiohead can't go on forever, obviously, so at some point there will be a last concert. I was just curious what everyone would want their last live song to be. :unsure: I've never seen them live, so I sure as hell hope I get to before they hang it up.

That is interesting that you chose Creep. It would be fitting, "the song that started it all" being their last live song. I'd be shocked if the band did it, though.

Wow, sorry I pissed you off, but it's a little harsh to call this thread sick, ugly, and perverted.

Nah, you didn't. :) What I said was intended to be taken semi-jokingly, perhaps I should've made it clearer. Anyway, the truth is that the idea of Radiohead calling it quits in such a definite, irreversible way is quite disturbing for me. Obviously, they can't go on forever, but an announcement like 'Hey people, this is our farewell tour and we're not going to do it any more never ever again' would be unfathomably sad.

But this is a bit selfish of me no doubt, I've seen them once and from this moment I've been hoping there will be several opportunities to do it again. I'd prefer it if this hope just faded out instead of getting crushed.

That is interesting that you chose Creep. It would be fitting, "the song that started it all" being their last live song. I'd be shocked if the band did it, though.

They ended the only show I've been to with Creep and it was absolutely magical, I can barely imagine any other finish. Plus, as you're saying, it would kinda close the circle. Whether it is likely, I have no idea.

They're unpredictable after all. Maybe their last song would be some On a Friday stuff only 10% of the audience would recognise.

Nah, you didn't. :) What I said was intended to be taken semi-jokingly, perhaps I should've made it clearer. Anyway, the truth is that the idea of Radiohead calling it quits in such a definite, irreversible way is quite disturbing for me. Obviously, they can't go on forever, but an announcement like 'Hey people, this is our farewell tour and we're not going to do it any more never ever again' would be unfathomably sad.

But this is a bit selfish of me no doubt, I've seen them once and from this moment I've been hoping there will be several opportunities to do it again. I'd prefer it if this hope just faded out instead of getting crushed.

They ended the only show I've been to with Creep and it was absolutely magical, I can barely imagine any other finish. Plus, as you're saying, it would kinda close the circle. Whether it is likely, I have no idea.

They're unpredictable after all. Maybe their last song would be some On a Friday stuff only 10% of the audience would recognise.

S'ok :)

That is interesting that they ended with Creep. When was this?

S'ok :)

That is interesting that they ended with Creep. When was this?

2009. The reason they chose Creep to finish was the fact that they had played their previous gig(and only one up to that point) in my country back in PH era. Thom even explained it on stage. 'Cause we haven't been here for so fucking long.' :D

2009. The reason they chose Creep to finish was the fact that they had played their previous gig(and only one up to that point) in my country back in PH era. Thom even explained it on stage. 'Cause we haven't been here for so fucking long.' :D

That sounds like Thom. So they hadn't been there in 16 years? What country do you live in?