Radiohead Song Election - The King of Limbs

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little by Little.

Don't understand how MMM was voted out 2nd. It's such a badass song, especially through good speakers with the bass turned up reeeeally loud.

I think I like you, thebutcher - this is the 2nd post of yours with which I've concurred in as many days.

Just to make it clear, I'm also voting Little By Little.

Lotus Flower. I don't know what a sane RH fan could possibly find to dislike in LBL, but it looks like I'm powerless to stop it from being voted out.

Great rhythms, melodies, drums, bass, guitars, vocals? Check check check check check check!!!!

I vote Lotus Flower, the song that will probably win it all.

I'm amused by how the GUTG and LBL haters are canceling out each others' votes and making it slightly less likely that either of their picks will be removed since they can't band together and pick one to snipe. Muahahaha

1. Haters?

2. That's the point of voting. Those who like LBL more won't vote it out... if it wasn't meant to be close, ToxicBadger would just pick a song in each round and decide it would go out. And we would say "Yes sir, whatever you wish!" and everyone would "agree". Sounds like fun. Yay!

:mellow:

Little by Little.

Don't understand how MMM was voted out 2nd. It's such a badass song, especially through good speakers with the bass turned up reeeeally loud.

I'm really thinking there's something about election voters and a huge dismissal of the heavier guitar songs. granted MMM isn't much at all compared to Bodysnatchers as a guitar rocker, but I think they're the guitar songs of their respective albums.

fuckin' rock out more, guys!

Lotus Flower. I don't know what a sane RH fan could possibly find to dislike in LBL, but it looks like I'm powerless to stop it from being voted out.

just sounds flat as hell. lyrics might have aged well a little, but they're never going to be good. it's mostly a song that you wait to get to the 'routines and schedules' breakdown. I'm willing to bet it's a song they didn't spend enough time on, not something they still couldn't get right after days and days of trying. but something half-baked.

the papa murphy's track of the album.

That's the point of voting. Those who like LBL more won't vote it out... if it wasn't meant to be close, ToxicBadger would just pick a song in each round and decide it would go out. And we would say "Yes sir, whatever you wish!" and everyone would "agree". Sounds like fun. Yay!

Whoops, I should have clarified myself. While the LBL and GUTG contingents stalemate in terms of votes, that leaves more room and likelihood for Lotus Flower (my choice for next to go) to be voted off. I think. I'm not quite a statistical genius. All I know is that it's gaining votes. So that's why I was pleased.

I'm really thinking there's something about election voters and a huge dismissal of the heavier guitar songs. granted MMM isn't much at all compared to Bodysnatchers as a guitar rocker, but I think they're the guitar songs of their respective albums.

I totally agree, and have said as much in other elections, while voting in favor of "guitar songs". However, MMM's treatment as a "guitar song" is absolutely wretched. It's completely neutered on the album in comparison to the original demo, and that was acoustic! All the mushy, tepid electronics took over the song and muffled out the toughness! That's why I think the so-called "flat" Little By Little is the guitar song of the album. It doesn't rock that much, but it is more uptempo guitar-centered than anything else here. And it IS incredibly dynamic - say what you will, but anything with that much insane, rampant percussion, and spacey accoutrements around the edges of the mix, will never be considered flat by me. I do appreciate the pizza metaphor, though. ;)

Whoops, I should have clarified myself. While the LBL and GUTG contingents stalemate in terms of votes, that leaves more room and likelihood for Lotus Flower (my choice for next to go) to be voted off. I think. I'm not quite a statistical genius. All I know is that it's gaining votes. So that's why I was pleased.

What? That doesn't make any sense. It's not like they would team up otherwise, everyone has their own tastes.

Give Up the Ghost again.