Radiohead Song Election - The King of Limbs

Oh, and I like the idea of nominating B-sides to be used, so if you guys want ot start requesting some now then go ahead.

The Amnesiac b-sides and Down is the New Up are the best, imo. Also, should the b-sides be used in the winners election?

Do you mean the winners of the b-sides election? If so then yea i think the winners of the albums should be included with the winners of the b-sides.

I vote out Lotus Flower

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any reason to preemptively vote out potential b-sides now. That's what the election is for! lol I think splitting all their b-sides into two different eras for two separate elections is a fantastic idea. Although I agree that it's probably a lost cause to pit the two b-side winners against the album winners. What are everyone's thoughts on the proposed best RH music video election? Someone started one a while ago, but it tanked after like one round, unfortunately.

Lotus Flower followed by Bloom would be nice.
That's bc it is the best song on the album.

I like the way you think, Palefire. In fact, it seems like we might have the same ranking for TKOL's songs, which is pretty rare, since I sometimes really respect RH tunes that others ignore. Have any of you on the thread been consistently agreeing with another poster during the elections?

Anyway, I think the album version of Bloom is slightly overrated, but I won't be nearly as frustrated when (if?) it wins as I was by Lotus Flower getting this far. Speaking of which, Lotus Flower.

Lotus Flower.

For early B-sides, I nominate A Reminder, Pearly*, and Palo Alto.

For late ones, I nominate Go Slowly, Fog (Again), and Cuttooth.

You should probably start a new thread for this Toxic so you don't have to keep combing through this one.

tbh i've lost interest in this now, and if you're going to vote off all the b-sides it will drag on for weeks , personally i'll pass

you got something more important going on?? ;-)

you plan to stop visiting the site?

if this is a big deal maybe 2 b-sides at a time get voted off????

I don't see any reason to preemptively vote out potential b-sides now. That's what the election is for! lol I think splitting all their b-sides into two different eras for two separate elections is a fantastic idea. Although I agree that it's probably a lost cause to pit the two b-side winners against the album winners. What are everyone's thoughts on the proposed best RH music video election? Someone started one a while ago, but it tanked after like one round, unfortunately.

I like the way you think, Palefire. In fact, it seems like we might have the same ranking for TKOL's songs, which is pretty rare, since I sometimes really respect RH tunes that others ignore. Have any of you on the thread been consistently agreeing with another poster during the elections?

Anyway, I think the album version of Bloom is slightly overrated, but I won't be nearly as frustrated when (if?) it wins as I was by Lotus Flower getting this far. Speaking of which, Lotus Flower.

You must have impeccable taste my friend. Now if we can just get the rest of these "so called" radiohead fans in line.

Lotus Flower slips into a groove in 3rd place.

Here are the remaining songs on The King of Limbs:

Bloom

Separator

My vote goes to Separator.

So, I've decided that The Eraser election will be next, then the winner's election, then the album election. After that, there will be an early b-sides election, using the b-sides from My Iron Lung (and Talk Show Host) and How Am I Driving, then a later b-sides election using b-sides from Amnesiac and In Rainbows disc two. It will also include Harry Patch, TAMTW, The Butcher and Supercollider. As someone suggested, two b-sides will be voted off every day.

If anybody feels that other b-sides should be included (etc ones off Itch or Com Lag, or ones such as Lull or Bishop's Robes that aren't included on any compilations), feel free to nominate them.