Noiretirc

Can Morons Love Radiohead?

well, i dont think its all taste tho. some people close themselves off from something without even listening. its like people who say they don't like rap when they haven't even really listened to much of it. they don't like it because they don't give themselves an opportunity to like it. i see a lot of that with radiohead, too - all these people who have heard that they are 'dour' or 'depressing' and just write

them off without even listening. and i don't think that has anything to do with intelligence, just rigidity or something.

Totally agree. Some people hear Radiohead but they refuse to listen.

it's more a matter of attitude then? than uh, intelligence?

i think attitude is part of it, but i think radiohead fans have a lot of common feelings deep inside them, where others wouldn't understand so much. or maybe they just havent looked so deeply inside themselves and the world, or are afraid too.

I think intelligence maybe has something to do with it. In my whole year in college, only three people like Radiohead, including me, and we are all rather rational intelligent people (we're all straight A/A* nerds, basically). But I can't help but find Radiohead doesn't appeal to those not in touch with their intelligent/introspective side. Every time I have played RH in the presence of...morons...They instantly mock it saying it's depressing, sounds like a dying cat etc. etc, "put some n-dubz on m88888" kind of crap. And looking around on MT I have to yet to see one person who doesn't appear to be quite intellectual and rational. So yes, I agree.

To deal with this obvious issue, we shall henceforth only allow mensa members to join our forums. Only they have the third eye that can look through the nebulous standards set by our new goal. or something

Vote Ed for something!

It depends on what aspect they're a moron in...If it's a general moron then no, they can't appreciate Radiohead. Radiohead channels so much different emotions and creates a variety of atmospheres, a moron wouldn't be able to comprehend it to love it. For instance the club going, MTV watching moron's mind only exists in, well the club and MTV, it doesn't go beyond that.