tristan

MT Battle of the Bands 2011 Round 1, Match 3: Nicholas Gray vs Mooks

Hmmmmm  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these two songs, which one do you like more?

• I Wana go to Nicks House on the Hill, He'd Spin me Right Round Baby Yeah!!!
    • I'm Praising that Human Suffering.... All i Need is Water!!

Poll Closed

Nicholas Gray 26 Mooks 22

Nicholas Gray

Hillhouse - Year of the Wheel (Hold your votes for the mastered version!)

http://apheramusic.com/mtbotb2011/round1/hillhouse1.mp3

Mooks

Tommy Praisewater - Human Suffering

http://apheramusic.com/mtbotb2011/round1/tommypraisewater1.mp3

alternately the links for all the songs are found on this page

http://apheramusic.com/mtbotb2011/

Or a Download to all the track excluding cartwheels here

http://www.mediafire.com/?1i0zstyr5qz35d5

Vote for the song you like more. Any alias votes will be caught by the powers that be and we will obliterate your existence. As the tournament goes on, please vote based on all the songs the poster has submitted so far. Of which there will be five. Another first timer against an old school battler. Though Gray is no stranger to YA will he have enough to battle past a consistent high roller in these parts.. I dont know. Do you!?

mr gray your track is great

very chilled

nasally vocals remind me a bit of cLOUDDEAD and Joanna Newsom

adds something special to it

Mooks you have great vocals as well. One of the best on this board. Went with Gray's though.

thank you very much. however, this will be the version i submit. disregard what i said about the mastered version. sorry for confusion on my end

you sure i am sure it will be fine to change.. i don't think mastering a version will really effect anything in the poll though this sounds great to me as it is.

if not then be sure to send it to us for the compilation if you choose to use this track.

Mooks

Tommy Praisewater - Human Suffering

http://apheramusic.com/mtbotb2011/round1/tommypraisewater1.mp3

alternately the links for all the songs are found on this page

http://apheramusic.com/mtbotb2011/

Vote for the song you like more. Any alias votes will be caught by the powers that be and we will obliterate your existence. As the tournament goes on, please vote based on all the songs the poster has submitted so far. Of which there will be five. Another first timer against an old school battler. Though Gray is no stranger to YA will he have enough to battle past a consistent high roller in these parts.. I dont know. Do you!?

i like

I think n gray's voice sounds like clouddead too. And the intro a little too. I liked the feel of it alot.

But then it sort of went on.

I voted for mooks because I liked the hard, loud sounds. I liked it, got my attention pretty okay.

I think n gray's voice sounds like clouddead too. And the intro a little too. I liked the feel of it alot.

But then it sort of went on.

I voted for mooks because I liked the hard, loud sounds. I liked it, got my attention pretty okay.

Did you listen to the end of our song? It's influenced by the grindhouse style of Bodysnatchers. Glad to know you enjoyed it, this is really fun

check it

i lay down to go to sleep you know it takes some time

i got million ideas of how we can we can waste our time

i need you here right now you know it kinda hurts

need you on all fours i don't need no words

i got a shitty job and a race car

i got a million ideas of what we could make up

you're all in black pulling out handcuffs

im under arrest and you're just my jailer

it's a stupid thing but i'd do it for you

i know how you're always saying if that's what you're used to

i know you said you wanted to wait but i think that im going to

take a second or two just to admire you

yeah you and me in the same place just perfection

you know i can't help or conceal my erection

you're the only girl for me yeah you've got my attention

i called my baby

but she won't save me

because im ugly

because im horny

i've got a problem

my baby's leaving

because im stupid

because im ugly

can't get into the nicholas gray's, jst not much of a pulse there. and hannah kind of made a good point too. just feel like thom's is obviously the stronger song this round.

and idget this clouddead thing.

the best thing about thom praisewater's voice is that he sounds like thom praisewater. i remember when he sounded like cohen lol, such awesome growth since those days.

anyway i really wanted people to hear his next round song cause it's one of his best and brand new neer been heard, just very personal and strong songwriting, up there i think with one track mind and song of desperation. obv not real surprised here though~

Guest A little 'Twisted'

Nick, I commented on this song before, same applies but with a lot more of the positives. Love the unique singing quality. Love the tightness of the band. Love the track. (I'd also quite like to hear the mastered version too)

Mooks' track doesn't do much for me, it feels too much like the production is holding it back. Voice comes through quite clear though, really good voice may I add. Other than that, I can't really comment, not my kind of song.

Vote goes to Nicholas Gray.

Nick, I commented on this song before, same applies but with a lot more of the positives. Love the unique singing quality. Love the tightness of the band. Love the track. (I'd also quite like to hear the mastered version too)

Mooks' track doesn't do much for me, it feels too much like the production is holding it back. Voice comes through quite clear though, really good voice may I add. Other than that, I can't really comment, not my kind of song.

Vote goes to Nicholas Gray.

thanks a lot, really appreciate the feed back from everyone here. we're going into the studio sometime this week to work on it, might add some harmonies and vocal background effects. i was also thinking about adding a tambourine and egg shaker at the end during the guitar breakdown. if we do change, i'll post in the 'your art' section for sure

Guest A little 'Twisted'

thanks a lot, really appreciate the feed back from everyone here. we're going into the studio sometime this week to work on it, might add some harmonies and vocal background effects. i was also thinking about adding a tambourine and egg shaker at the end during the guitar breakdown. if we do change, i'll post in the 'your art' section for sure

Look forward to it.

How long does this round last?

well dno we'll give it a couple of days.. it hasn't even been 24 hours yet.

i guess its up to ed nog as she's doing the next batch of songs.

We will see tomorrow if people are still voting or not and then i'll close them.

it seems like most people have voted already though.