emm

The Universal Sigh newspaper discussion

166 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about The Universal Sigh?

• Of course, YES!
    • Only if it's in my city.
    • No.

It'd be a good idea for a picture for a group of friends to all go dressed as Thom Yorke in the Lotus Flower video

Alas I am utterly devoid of a bowler hat, beard and tight pants /sigh. :P

Alas I am utterly devoid of a bowler hat, beard and tight pants /sigh. :P

I have the skinny jeans but I might wear my b/w stripey tights and a really short skirt 'cause i'm gonna try to meet up with a tumblr buddy and i need to be noticeable

At this point, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if one of the locations does end up being in an alley.

The Melbourne one almost is. it's on a minor side street in the CBD. Though oddly enough Google tells me Flinders Lane is historically a very important street for fashion. not that I've ever noticed. humm.

and good news folks, just discovered that there's a library on Flinders lane with a A3 scanner... should make my job much easier :D

p.s Farmers Market = Genius! Grab some Yummy organic Food while you wait?

Robson street is a very fashionista part of Vancouver as well - odd that they'd pick that. but it's very central in downtown. fuck it's gonna be a zoo

I hope I'm not too old for these shenanigans.

edit: huh looks like I've made my decision though .. catch a bus at 5:45 am - two hours on the road and two on the water and I'm there in time to line up for 3.5 hours whee!

Any specific reason? I don't live there but will be there on Tuesday so I'm trying to figure out which would be less busy. Probably the same I suppose? Is parking a problem Uptown? I've not had much trouble in Dinkytown.

Thanks!

I live in dinkytown, and seeing as it'll be a schoo lday for the u it might be less busy.

Alright I'm just coming into this. Can someone fill me in? I live in Philadelphia (U.S.). Is it known what time the event is starting in specific cities? And is it happening on Monday in the US or on record store tuesday?

Robson street is a very fashionista part of Vancouver as well - odd that they'd pick that. but it's very central in downtown. fuck it's gonna be a zoo

I hope I'm not too old for these shenanigans.

edit: huh looks like I've made my decision though .. catch a bus at 5:45 am - two hours on the road and two on the water and I'm there in time to line up for 3.5 hours whee!

:lol:

Alright I'm just coming into this. Can someone fill me in? I live in Philadelphia (U.S.). Is it known what time the event is starting in specific cities? And is it happening on Monday in the US or on record store tuesday?

It's happening on Tuesday at 1 pm. There are 2 locations in Philadelphia:

1. 538 South Street Philadelphia, PA 19147-2219
  2. 133 South 36th Street Philadelphia, PA 19104-3246

I live in dinkytown, and seeing as it'll be a schoo lday for the u it might be less busy.

Thanks, I think I'm going to Dinkytown then. I know how to get there and can get Duffy's Pizza while I'm at it.

Thanks, I think I'm going to Dinkytown then. I know how to get there and can get Duffy's Pizza while I'm at it.

Duffy's? Mesa Pizza is where it is at...

Also, I'm doing Uptown because I live and go to school at MCAD. I figured I'd just rollerblade down there unless it's too cold, just ride my bike. For parking, it shouldn't be that hard on hennepin or lake that early on a Tuesday. If not, I always just park on one of the off streets a block or two south of the Calhoun Square.