67 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be a new album released and/or announced on October 13?

i agree with everything you just said and would like to add that they said"there will be more when they think of it"im sure it all has meaning and we must wait for it...put your trust into radiohead and they will give you what you want...thats been my experience since the bends....saw them open for REM in ny and they were really bad!some people were even booing them....ive also seen them on every tour since the bends and they remain as the best band live to see ever!

*in Monty Python Voice*

You Lucky Lucky Bastard! :P

I have to admit they where pretty bad when I saw them too (not that I even noticed till I listened to the concert bootleg), Thom had a thoat infection and they where all sick, so it was understandable.

2 new recent replies to Mews's last tweet are now showing up. One says 'So apparently @ChieftanMews is no longer a lying mouth? ...' and the other says 'Apparently he's hibernating :/'

They're both random people as far as I can see so I'm not believing them but the fact Mews is just showing these 2 is interesting, he's going to come back I'd say :)

Edit: the person who made the first reply is the same person who got retweeted by Mews himself on the ides of March, so I think this means something.

And an interesting theory here that I like a lot

http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/2011/03/radiohead-puzzle-pieces-theory.html

I don't think he could really be upset. Of course, one way to prevent this would have been to RELEASE TUS IN MORE CITIES!!!!

They know how devoted their fans are, and they know that they left out a lot of places. They can only expect fans to resort to eBay to get a copy.

Now, if for instance they were going to send this paper with the newspaper album, they should warn fans not to buy it on ebay. But that might spoil their surprise.?

Here's something I was thinking about (I'm only speculating here, but hey this is the thread fot it, right?):

Do you think their choices of cities for TUS distribution could have anything to do with public transportation, since they're measuring carbon footprint for this project and all? Coz I remember Thom saying in an interview they prefered to play in cities which had really good public transportation so people wouldn't have to drive to their concerts, therefore decreasing the enviromental impact of the event. It could explain why they've left 3rd world countries out of the list too.

I guess if I knew anything about the public transportation in the chosen areas I could confirm this theory, but then again I'm too lazy to research the subject.

Guest Slowly Unfurl

Here's something I was thinking about (I'm only speculating here, but hey this is the thread fot it, right?):

Do you think their choices of cities for TUS distribution could have anything to do with public transportation, since they're measuring carbon footprint for this project and all? Coz I remember Thom saying in an interview they prefered to play in cities which had really good public transportation so people wouldn't have to drive to their concerts, therefore decreasing the enviromental impact of the event. It could explain why they've left out 3rd world countries out of the list too.

I guess if I knew anything about the public transportation in the chosen areas I could confirm this theory, but then again I'm too lazy to research the subject.

nah, could be, but in Mexico DF we got the metro.. (a subway)

l12.jpg

http://www.metro.df.gob.mx/

and other electric stuff

However I strongly doubt central USA will get copies because of their well.. frankly from all I've heard horrible public transport links and lack of environmental development. The band wouldn't want 1000 fans driving hours to pick up a newspaper! Thus it's worth noting that every location had really good public transport links and green cred.

Mmm. Cool. Muggs knows things.

Same as São Paulo, but if you ask me that's far from being a really good public transportation system.

I heard Curitiba has a nice public transit system, doesn't it?

Better than São Paulo, anyway...

The buses could be less crowded, but it's supposed to be one of the best bus systems in the world, most definately the best in the country.

Personally I still think it sucks, but that's mainly coz the buses are full of people and I'm not really that much into people. Would much rather ride a bus filled with kittens.

For sure!!! There is too much ppl in São Paulo already! The city grow up too fast and there is no public transport project to serve all the population....

Now they are working on it expading the subway, a rodo ring around the city!

By the way check this picture! What is write on his tshirt?

radioheadcap-blog480.jpg

eRSMenoo?

Source: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/29/an-old-fashioned-promo-for-radioheads-new-album/

The buses could be less crowded, but it's supposed to be one of the best bus systems in the world, most definately the best in the country.

Personally I still think it sucks, but that's mainly coz the buses are full of people and I'm not really that much into people. Would much rather to ride a bus filled with kittens.

No way, I would sneeze to death! funny-animated-gif-002.gif

For sure!!! There is too much ppl in São Paulo already! The city grow up too fast and there is no public transport project to serve all the population....

radioheadcap-blog480.jpg

eRSMenoo?

Source: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/29/an-old-fashioned-promo-for-radioheads-new-album/

^The Universal Sigh

haha, everyone handing them out had those shirts...

radioheadcap-blog480.jpg

eRSMenoo?

I think that's just the Universal Sigh logo, Vitor

Perhaps the supply of TUS was so limited because they are trying to create an example of a relatively low cost, therefore realistic business model. I mean how much money should RH have spent on this? How many copies would it take to meet demand? They would need to charge for it because it would be an unworkable model otherwise. Don't forget they would also then have to pay to offset the carbon for the extra copies. They only needed to distribute enough to create some buzz and exitement on the release day, which was achieved.

TBH I'm really sick of people bitching about this. It tarnished the day a little to see it everywhere online, including tweets that were appearing on the TUS website, it appeared so bratty and spoilt.