67 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be a new album released and/or announced on October 13?

This calls for a great poem by a great contemporary Canadian poet...

Our Butcher

by Carmine Starnino

I could bone up, be the right man for that one-man job,

hang by its hocks a rabbit shucked from the jacket

of its black-bristled fur and still talking in twitches.

As well, I might grasp the particular way he swings

a cleaver, brings it down on a neck like a primitive.

More to the point, I’d learn to move the beak of my blade

into the fragrance of flank, or browse apart a chest’s

cardiac leafage, my white apron a blotchwork of blood.

I’d like to pickle ox tongue and pig feet, screw lids

on sheep tripe and calf brain, set out jars like indices

to carcasses unpacked like suitcases. Striated and plush,

crewelworked with fat and grosgrained with gristle,

meat is not semblance, meat is baroque. That said,

I’d love to break back the pages of a shank and read all day.

Tales about the flex and kick, the squawk and gack

of things in pens: grass-nipping goats, had-been hens,

hogs which nuzzled mud and snorkeled its odours

until their plug was pulled and the spinning gears

stilled to small organs, organs I’d like to disinter and wrap,

risen again inside the pink of new paper skin.

Has anyone realise that the branches at radiohead's homepage are faster than ever ?????

This has been pointed out many, many times ever since the RH homepage revamp. The speed is randomised every time you refresh.

The Universal Sigh newspaper animation is gone from www.radiohead.com

EDIT: I think I might have a plausible reason as to why they're taking so many pictures of us holding the universal sigh. Eventually, they're going to create a giant collage. Something similar to this:

http://walyou.com/img/president-barack-obama-newspaper-headlines-collage.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The code in the universal sigh paper is the same code that will come with the newspaper album

it will lead us to a das page where we enter discount codes for our subscriptions to a 6-12 month radiohead newspaper

a monthly newspaper that includes vinyl/cd? eps with each issue

ladies and gentlemen, i introduce to you: the worlds first newspaper album

not just an album that comes with a newspaper, no

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for obvious reasons i didnt bother going thru the 1200 pgs of this thread, so if this has already been prophesized, hit me up here

http://mortigitempo.com/really_bored/index.php?/topic/105468-prophet-skylark/page__pid__3930247&do=findComment&comment=3930247

EDIT: I think I might have a plausible reason as to why they're taking so many pictures of us holding the universal sigh. Eventually, they're going to create a giant collage. Something similar to this:

The photos will be the 625 pieces of artwork for the Newspaper Album

Ha! I was planning to post that theory when I caught up with the thread. Very plausible indeed.

Has anyone compared TUS copies from different regions? Any differences like missing words, letters? The speculation has continued because RH have been silent, so I'm thinking maybe it's something that's not said in a version of TUS. Maybe we have to listen to the notes they're not playing?

Of course, any differences could be something else entirely, that's just the train of thought I'm stuck on at the moment..

Guest limbs

supercollider.jpg

from atease, the butcher/supercollider artwork - nothing new, I guess, TAMTW - TKOL atmosphere.

The code in the universal sigh paper is the same code that will come with the newspaper album

it will lead us to a das page where we enter discount codes for our subscriptions to a 6-12 month radiohead newspaper

for obvious reasons i didnt bother going thru the 1200 pgs of this thread, so if this has already been prophesized, hit me up here

http://mortigitempo.com/really_bored/index.php?/topic/105468-prophet-skylark/page__pid__3930247&do=findComment&comment=3930247

I think my brain just asploded with awesome.

Hello, just adding to the speculation: the one obvious difference in the TUS distributions are the headlines on the boards. Maybe compiling all of them might give some clues.

In Paris it read: "A Trailing Ghost"

This calls for a great poem by a great contemporary Canadian poet...

Our Butcher

by Carmine Starnino

I could bone up, be the right man for that one-man job,

hang by its hocks a rabbit shucked from the jacket

of its black-bristled fur and still talking in twitches.

As well, I might grasp the particular way he swings

a cleaver, brings it down on a neck like a primitive.

More to the point, I’d learn to move the beak of my blade

into the fragrance of flank, or browse apart a chest’s

cardiac leafage, my white apron a blotchwork of blood.

I’d like to pickle ox tongue and pig feet, screw lids

on sheep tripe and calf brain, set out jars like indices

to carcasses unpacked like suitcases. Striated and plush,

crewelworked with fat and grosgrained with gristle,

meat is not semblance, meat is baroque. That said,

I’d love to break back the pages of a shank and read all day.

Tales about the flex and kick, the squawk and gack

of things in pens: grass-nipping goats, had-been hens,

hogs which nuzzled mud and snorkeled its odours

until their plug was pulled and the spinning gears

stilled to small organs, organs I’d like to disinter and wrap,

risen again inside the pink of new paper skin.

Thanks for that, I f***ing loved that :)

Edit: break back the pages of a shank and read all day :)

That would be fucking awesome.

Hello, just adding to the speculation: the one obvious difference in the TUS distributions are the headlines on the boards. Maybe compiling all of them might give some clues.

In Paris it read: "A Trailing Ghost"

In Milan was: "Can not understand what's wrong"

This actually sounds reasonable, plausible and dirigible :)

Edit: She or He is right. I think feeling pulled apart... was the pilot fish of this massive new thing

These are just phrases taken from the newspaper. They won't tell you anything.

Ok I guess it was a stupid idea, a bit explained by the fact that the newspaper was edited into many different languages, and yet most boards posted their messages in English, so pretty hard to find them in my french TUS for example.

Okay who wants to play catch Muggs up on all the action?

Now a bit of insight on the codes and newspapers is that some apparently where lost in transit, others may have been forgotten to be handed out, one site apparently had 70% of their newspapers taken and all the codes in customs (poor guys!) and various other mishaps along the way.

It's pretty obvious that it was left up to each distribution point to have the newspapers shipped out and then handed out and marketed accordingly - thus Melbourne was quite a relaxed affair (being us lazy aussies :P) and other sites had different costumes, decorations and signs etc. (I think the one at the cafe was my favourite so far lol!)

To this point the handout codes can't be to get a link to you're photo, because they have no way of linking the papers to the order in which the photos are uploaded - waay too much hassle and the barcode on the back of the paper did this anyway!

They -may- be a web portal code to add you're own content to the site as I first suspected, however it seems they've decided to use flickr instead. Either way I don't think whatever is behind the codes will remain all that exclusive.

I can tell you that the Paperboys here in Melbourne said quite clearly that they where secret codes and that Radiohead will tell you what they are for. I can't quite recall if they mentioned this week, but it's possible.

As for the subscription idea: My thought on this is that if they where to do this it would have to be before May when the newspaper album ships. They wouldn't really want to have to go though all the process of shipping out new records every 6 months when they could offer 'upgrades for a small amount of money (or for free) to add another record to the Newspaper Album. - Which.. thanks to record store day we now know is a goer! TKOL is gaining another 2 tracks and I would be very surprised if they don't do free downloads with it.

Guest Slowly Unfurl

Im really hoping for a much much darker version of supa collider

(i never really dig that song)

ANd who can go wrong with a song named Butcher¡??