67 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be a new album released and/or announced on October 13?

Oooo exciting ideas floating around this morning :-D

Well here's my idea: the whole TKoL/Universal Sigh aesthetic broadly centres around the themes of:

- Forests: the 'folklore' / primitive / organic aspects, plus the more mathematical concept of repeating, all-consuming fractals ("All of these feelings finally paralysed by the fractal forms crawling inevitably over...")

- Mirrors: reflections, of the self in water, the self in nature, nature within itself

- Infinity: the eighth album, eight tracks, the infinity symbol being a figure of eight loop, the eight limbs of yoga, the concept of physical and spiritual birth, death and rebirth as a cyclical activity

Just some topofhead thinking here. I don't doubt that there are clues and little secrets hidden in the whole enterprise, but I don't think they will activate much beyond a deepening understanding, through the act of searching and discovery, of what the band are trying to achieve with this new direction.

I'm finally catching up. Three exams in the past two days, not studied for much. Too little sleep. All because of my work on these boards and the videos.

So... Wow, when did everyone turn against me? Do you guys even realize how much time I spent gathering info from all the locations and helping others with on how to get a newspaper? What about my reading the paper to the blind? I didn't do that for myself. I did it for other fans and it has been very appreciated. :rolleyes: I have barely slept this week, I have been so busy helping the RH community. I've been called a good sport by others, what's your problem? Maybe I'm just spoiled by the Flaming Lips, who are very good to and active with the fans. It's a totally different experience!

I simply don't understand the reasoning behind THIS: http://i.imgur.com/YZxhT.gif. I am certainly not alone! Just look at that map! Crazy!

There are people in all those dark areas who feel the same way that I do. It's not about being an American, a Brazilian, a Mexican or anything specific; it's about being a RH fan. Now if they were going to send a copy to everyone who ordered the newspaper album (the "serious" fans), that would make more sense than this elite distribution. I just really, really hope they didn't choose cities based on public transport or carbon emission. It doesn't make sense; there are many cities with great transport not on the list!!! I don't like to believe that they would do that to us. Like others have pointed out, public transport and environmental care are terrible in LA, which had 3 locations. I am not prejudiced against small European countries. :blink: Just observing the obvious, the elephant in the room, which is that places with huge concentrations of fans were left out.

Inky, let me explain. I think you are a good person and a passionate Radiohead fan. But please, understand that for whatever reason some locations just had to be left out. Just look at the number of cities that did make it. I think it is a lot and must have been terribly difficult to put all that together. Even if there were more, some major cities would still be left out. I understand that you feel that omitting your location is a bad choice, you have made your point about that multiple times, we get it. After all you got your newspaper, so no harm there. If you miss the social event of queuing with other fans, just wait for the tour, I am sure there will be a gig near you, as there have been plenty of those in the past, unlike for example eastern Europe.

Anyways, back to speculation. I guess I am gonna have another look at the newspaper. I have spent so much time looking for hidden messages. I will laugh out loud when we find out that it is just a newspaper with some cool artwork :D

Glad someone else has noticed :) He seems to have been communicating with us by controlling the replies to his latin tweet for the last few days, the other day there was a reply that said 'I absolve you', then a reply in Spanish that was something about stop playing with our emotions or something and now he's just showing a reply that says he's not a lying mouth anymore and 1 that says he's hibernating, pretty sure he's suggesting a return, looking forward to having him back as this thread needs him.

How do you control what replies are shown in twitter?

I think Chieftan will make a comeback before the Newspaper album release day, if not sooner.

Stanley has been a more reliable source of information/clues i think, and he's not gone anywhere (yet).

And yeah, this thread reminds of Atease, even the bloody Atease emoticons showing up here now (STOP!). Maybe there should be a separate i'm so precious / feeling so sorry for myself / Radiohead suck cuz they ignore me / America vs the rest of the world -thread elsewhere on the board. :rolleyes:

Anyways, back to speculation. I guess I am gonna have another look at the newspaper. I have spent so much time looking for hidden messages. I will laugh out loud when we find out that it is just a newspaper with some cool artwork :D

I think thats a healthy approach to have. I imagine only a small percentage of those who got a copy of The Universal Sigh will have read it for hidden images or clues or leads. The danger in getting obsessed with believing this is all a game leading to some prize is that you ignore the art and ideas being expressed. To use a very apposite metaphor, one should try not to lose sight of the wood for the trees.

How do you control what replies are shown in twitter?

I think Chieftan will make a comeback before the Newspaper album release day, if not sooner.

Stanley has been a more reliable source of information/clues i think, and he's not gone anywhere (yet).

And yeah, this thread reminds of Atease, even the bloody Atease emoticons showing up here now (STOP!). Maybe there should be a separate i'm so precious / feeling so sorry for myself / Radiohead suck cuz they ignore me / America vs the rest of the world -thread elsewhere on the board. :rolleyes:

People just need to calm down. Everyone's on edge and turning jokes into arguments. Sheesh. I haven't been on MT for very long, and I already miss the ol' days of lighthearted speculation! I hate that some "America's better" joke turned into a whole whiny argument.

Let's not forget that we are talking about Radiohead here. Even if nothing comes of this speculation, they've given us a fantastic album and are giving us more music soon. We should be absolutely grateful.

Edit: As for speculation... 9 :D

Well I have one theory about the newspaper - on the page with all the lyrics there are a couple of lines that don't seem to belong to any of the songs. But it seems to me that they may be lyrics to some longer version of Bloom. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Bloom was originally much longer song but was edited down for pacing or whatever. It would be pretty great to get an extended 10 minutes long cut of Bloom as a B-Side or something :)

Well I have one theory about the newspaper - on the page with all the lyrics there are a couple of lines that don't seem to belong to any of the songs. But it seems to me that they may be lyrics to some longer version of Bloom. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Bloom was originally much longer song but was edited down for pacing or whatever. It would be pretty great to get an extended 10 minutes long cut of Bloom as a B-Side or something :)

that would be awesome! I hadn't even considered that as a reason for the extra lyrics... I thought it was a part of Radiohead's hints or whatever.

Or, the lines we haven't heard on TKoL will be in The Butcher or other unreleased songs due to come? I dont think they're in the versions of 'Super Collider' we have, but of course thats not to say the studio cut won't have new lyrics....

Or, these lines could just be Thom's way of fleshing out some of the album lyrics to make a new poem-piece.

I don't think RH are going to release anything more than they normally do for an album session, including b-sides. They just aren't going to call the non-album songs b-sides or have them on the flipside of a single. So I'm done speculating.

Edit: nvm.

Interesting, was it in the QR code? How else could they have marked it since they didn't give out those other code papers everywhere?

OH And please keep this thread here. Mews is not gone. He is only hibernating.

Mew's isn't gone, he's moved ... to Flickr @.@ *scarymusic*

I think while the code papers where not given out everywhere they where SHIPPED everywhere with the newspapers.

The guys in Melb where pretty insistent that everyone got one and the numbering on them appears more like a 'edition' number then anything else.

I'm a bit torn between publishing one of the codes ahead of time without knowing what it is for but each page has a unique number that roughly matches when they where given out - low numbers for ones early in the queue, high numbers for the spares we picked up later.

the QR code.. let me go hunt down my phone. ah.. it goes to http://delivr.com/14wpr_qr

Delivr is just a website that generates QR codes for easy mobile phone reading... ps. Am I seriously one of the only people on the board able to read them? weird!

also re: infinity. when they toured down here in 2004 their lights where set to show the word FOREVER repeating at the end of the show.

oh and on final note, youknow how there was talk about this being a HTTT era idea?

the last line on the 'Blue Square' map is

now here is the news.

haha!

oh and the extra lines? Check the artwork for HTTT Amnesiac, The Eraser Website, Scrapbook and the Kid A extrabooklet. there's tons of 'lyric scraps/poems' that have never been seen as real songs - and a few that have!

I think Thom basically writes lyric-soup, and then cuts them down to the best bits that make it to the final lyrics.

Don't give up yet, people!

We're still betting on how long we can keep this up. I can get my kids' college funds back if you dissect the shape of the TKOL letters (HINT!) a little longer.

Consider this: TKOL is an album referring to an ancient tree. It didn't came with a CD case made of plastic, no, it was a neatly weaved piece of cardboard. And where does cardboard come from? TREES! See what I'm getting at?

Soup! Now we're getting somewhere. What do you usually put into soup? Vedgetables. Vedgetables come from plants, or trees. Plants are sort of like trees. Trees are plants! I can imagine if you are confused right now, but take some time and think it out...

The hints are everywhere.

But,

Do you see them?

Inky, I don't think anyone turned against you. I tbh did not like your comments about certain countries where the distribution of TUS happened, but it does not mean I dislike you.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure carbon emission did influence on their decision about what cities to do the TUS distribution, but probably there were other issues involved as well.

Brazil for example doesn't even have proper record stores anymore. They've all closed coz everyone here just downloads shit for free from the internet or buy pirated cds. So I can see why they'd skip us in the TUS distribution, hehe!

In fact I bet most of the brazilians in this forum downloaded TKOL from Torrent or whatever and didn't pay a penny for it.

I didn't! I'm a good citizen and payed 48 bucks for the Newspaper album! -_-

Glad someone else has noticed :) He seems to have been communicating with us by controlling the replies to his latin tweet for the last few days, the other day there was a reply that said 'I absolve you', then a reply in Spanish that was something about stop playing with our emotions or something and now he's just showing a reply that says he's not a lying mouth anymore and 1 that says he's hibernating, pretty sure he's suggesting a return, looking forward to having him back as this thread needs him.

Again, how do you see these replies? I can never find them!

And yeah, this thread reminds of Atease, even the bloody Atease emoticons showing up here now (STOP!).

I'm sorry, but there are some instances where this:

colonW.PNG

and especially HOTNESS: hotness.PNG

Is just deliciously appropriate! Maybe if they fixed the icons here and we had more to choose from it wouldn't be an issue... :D

I'll try to stop. But seriously Cindy, when are the icons going to be fixed?

Chill out folks. Inky, I understand how you feel and my closest distribution was only a 4 hour drive away which isn't so bad. Cardiff is home to the oldest record shop in the world... Seemed like a perfect distribution point to me... So i was disappointed when it wasn't on the list. But then i can also see that logistically it must have been extremely difficult to organise. Its quite possible that the band wanted to use more locations but where unable to because of any number of problems with locations or customs or whatever.

Guys seriously lets be nice to each other yes?

Well here's my idea: the whole TKoL/Universal Sigh aesthetic broadly centres around the themes of:

- Forests: the 'folklore' / primitive / organic aspects, plus the more mathematical concept of repeating, all-consuming fractals ("All of these feelings finally paralysed by the fractal forms crawling inevitably over...")

- Mirrors: reflections, of the self in water, the self in nature, nature within itself

- Infinity: the eighth album, eight tracks, the infinity symbol being a figure of eight loop, the eight limbs of yoga, the concept of physical and spiritual birth, death and rebirth as a cyclical activity.

I like your thinking. I really like the infinity ideas floating about.

Again, how do you see these replies? I can never find them!

Hey inky

You just have to click on the twit and it'll show on the right side of the screen along with replies

I didn't! I'm a good citizen and payed 48 bucks for the Newspaper album! -_-

I spent 14 bucks on my wav files and am now waiting for this upgrade thing everyone (including the operators) keeps saying they'll offer eventually.

Also, what's up with the number 9? Nick and some other dude keep mentioning it. Does it have anything to do with all the speculation?

I spent 14 bucks on my wav files and am now waiting for this upgrade thing everyone (including the operators) keeps saying they'll offer eventually.

Also, what's up with the number 9? Nick and some other dude keep mentioning it. Does it have anything to do with all the speculation?

9 is nothing. This thread's amp goes to 11.