Why Do People Hate on Bones?

it's like the cheesiest song ever, the lyrics about peter pan, i can't even remember the melody of the verse and I've heard it a fair few times. It is half responsible for me placing The Bends probably like 7th on my list of favourite radiohead albums. The Bends would probably be like my 3rd favourite IF:

1. There weren't so many cheesy parts, like Nice Dream is an amazing song but the "Nice Dream turns bad" part with the aggressive guitars and hard strumming just sucks and completely ruins the last bit of the song for me. Same with The Bends, like that part with the cool drums "waitin' fer somethin to happen" bit is awesome but the intro chords that run through the chorus are so dad rock. Plus Bones and Sulk are just kinda corny and lame. It would be better if they omitted these things

2. Track Listing. Some of the B-sides like permanent daylight, (maybe) killer cars, talk show host and The Trickster should be on the album instead of Sulk and Bones.

3. If it wasn't called The Bends. I'm sorry I'd rather not say "oh i love the bends" when a hot girl asks me about radiohead albums, which is of frequent occurrence obviously

it's like the cheesiest song ever, the lyrics about peter pan, i can't even remember the melody of the verse and I've heard it a fair few times. It is half responsible for me placing The Bends probably like 7th on my list of favourite radiohead albums. The Bends would probably be like my 3rd favourite IF:

1. There weren't so many cheesy parts, like Nice Dream is an amazing song but the "Nice Dream turns bad" part with the aggressive guitars and hard strumming just sucks and completely ruins the last bit of the song for me. Same with The Bends, like that part with the cool drums "waitin' fer somethin to happen" bit is awesome but the intro chords that run through the chorus are so dad rock. Plus Bones and Sulk are just kinda corny and lame. It would be better if they omitted these things

2. Track Listing. Some of the B-sides like permanent daylight, (maybe) killer cars, talk show host and The Trickster should be on the album instead of Sulk and Bones.

3. If it wasn't called The Bends. I'm sorry I'd rather not say "oh i love the bends" when a hot girl asks me about radiohead albums, which is of frequent occurrence obviously

k..

• 1 month later...
Plus that lyric, the one about Peter Pan, it makes me cringe.

I picture Thom as Peter Pan, laugh about it, and then die a little inside.

This one lyric severely damages my opinion of the song too. It's about the cheesiest and uninspired lyric in a Radiohead song I can think of, I nearly facepalm whenever I hear it. I can't imagine Thom would ever write the verse. "I used to fly like Peter Pan, all the children flew when I touched their hand"

Ugh.

Lyrics aside, the actually melody of the song isn't half bad.

• 2 weeks later...