Just doesn't feel like a Radiohead record.

I know its day 1 and stuff but heregoes...

I've listened to KOL 3 times now and it reminds more of listening to "The Eraser" back in the summer of 2006 than LP8. It's not the radiohead I know and love. Theres no dramatic, sweeping moments of greatness, theres no powerful crescendos at all. Theres no guitar track (by that I mean in the vain of Bodysnatchers, Optimistic, There There. I'm aware that Amnesiac lacked this as well but it still had the accesible Knives out.) Theres no epic opener and sadly...very sadly no unbelievably emotional closer which is a staple of Radiohead LP's I routinely look forward to.

This album lacks Radiohead IMO, however this is only my opinion and should not dictate any experiences. I respect that everyone has a different view on the credibility of this record and thats why music is great.

I know its day 1 and stuff but heregoes...

I've listened to KOL 3 times now and it reminds more of listening to "The Eraser" back in the summer of 2006. It's not radiohead. Theres no dramatic, sweeping moments of greatness, theres no powerful crescendos at all either. Theres no guitar track either (by that I mean in the vain of Bodysnatchers, Optimistic, There There. I'm aware that Amnesiac lacked this as well but it had Knives out.) Theres no epic opener and no unbelievably emotional closer.

This album lacks Radiohead IMO, but this is only my opinion and should not dictate any experiences. I respect that everyone has a different view on the credibility of this record and thats why music is great.

I think you will change your opinion over time

i get what you're saying. im finishing up my 4th listen right now and ive fallen in love with this record. my first listen, i didn't really like it at all, but i knew something was there i just wasn't used to. this album is very different. just totally unexpected. I think These Are My Twisted Words was nice foreshadowing of what LP8 was gonna be. This album is definitely a grower and I really feel like we're gonna get another album, or at least an EP very soon.

I agree, no doubt its a great album but I can really only distinguish Thom as playing most of the music and Jonny adding some bits and pieces, Colin shines through on a few tracks.

so yeah it sounds like thom solo album because it doesnt sound like a full band effort.

Fully agree with you. Of course Ill grow to like it more and more over time, just like any other record theyve released, but it is definitley lacking quality Radiohead features. Theres no belching vocals to give you the shivers, no heavy guitar riffs or solos or anything. To me give up the ghost is the shining light of the album that reminds me of the good old Radiohead.

I have to agree to some extent on this. Doesnt quite feel like a Radiohead record this. But imho atleast the 2nd half of the album gives me more of the RH feel. Too little emotions though. 1st half feels harder to get into. I hope it'll grow on me, but atm im not too found of the first half to be honest. Probably too early to tell.

Oreon your completley correct. First half is very experimental, techno, high textured, mix of Eraser and Amnesiac. Second half is more Radiohead'esk. Give up the Ghost, Seperator, Lotus Flower and even Codex have high potential. I just cant really hear most of these songs being released as a single on the radio or anything

all these haters can go cry and listen to nirvana or something, guitars are so 2010

feral is the only song that could be released by yorke solo here i think

i guess i see why backdrifts never got much love, but yeah, radiohead have been doing this far before solo careers were formed outside the band

i love this shit

all these haters can go cry and listen to nirvana or something, guitars are so 2010

i guess i see why backdrifts never got much love, but yeah, radiohead have been doing this far before solo careers were formed outside the band

i love this shit

Wait for some of the remixes to come out! Although, remixes do get old. There will be some amazing renditions.

i love this shit

nah man feral isnt solo stuff. its in the same vain as the gloaming and backdrifts for sure.

probably on par with them both i'd say.

closest to thom solo is mr.magpie but even in that you have alot of phil coming out.

Guest Never to be found

i love this shit

yes

nah man feral isnt solo stuff. its in the same vain as the gloaming and backdrifts for sure.

probably on par with them both i'd say.

closest to thom solo is mr.magpie but even in that you have alot of phil coming out.

feral is the only one that could i think, magpie is a collective effort it sounds to me, feral sounds like it was composed mainly from a computer program(i speculate that it is 'Slave')

but yeah, love feral, thats why i brought up backdrifts, this band has been doing this shit for more than ten years now, all the people calling this thoms 2nd solo record need to get with it

i love this shit

It sounds just like the reviews for the Eraser. One called it Kid A's b-sides.

If Thom was going to influence any album by his solo stuff it would have been In Rainbows. I think it was a collaborative decision to go in this direction and a good one on top of it. I was Just listening to Feral and it kinda reminds me of in limbo, pulk/pull revolving doors, and the glooming in the way that they kind of divide up the albums. Idk its hard to explain. Love the album. favorite track is definitely codex cuz its in the same vein as videotape/four minute warning

If Thom was going to influence any album by his solo stuff it would have been In Rainbows. I think it was a collaborative decision to go in this direction and a good one on top of it. I was Just listening to Feral and it kinda reminds me of in limbo, pulk/pull revolving doors, and the glooming in the way that they kind of divide up the albums. Idk its hard to explain. Love the album. favorite track is definitely codex cuz its in the same vein as videotape/four minute warning

wow amnesiac is really back loaded

I have to agree.

I seriously thought that I'd be listening to this album nonstop for the next few weeks..

But here I am, having listened to it 4 times now, switching back to Kid A for a reminder of what they sounded like.

I dunno, it feels incomplete. Sure it's Radiohead.. sure the songs are great.. but it's missing something.

As happy as I am to have new material out, I can't say I'm not a little disappointed..