The King of Limbs: Favourite Track

254 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite track from the King of Limbs

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes for "Codex," but there have definitely been a few stand-outs. For me they are "Morning Mr Magpie," "Little by Little," "Lotus Flower," and of course "Codex."

I'm curious, are people not that into "Morning Mr Magpie," or is it that people just like other tracks better? I really like the guitar work on this one, very syncopated, borderline funky main theme, I approve :)

There isn't one song between the bends and in rainbows that i straight up don't like....but I just can't seem to get into Bloom. If history has taught me anything I'm sure it will be one of my favorite songs in a month.

I promise you will love it. I didn't get it at first. Now I think it's possibly the high point of the whole album. An excellent opener once it clicks.

I woke up early to drive home after sleeping with a friend that I haven't seen in a year. The air was grey and windy downtown on the highway and the birds were all singing. Bloom produced an amazing body rush with the windows down and rain trickling in. Amazed.

awesome.

also surprised to not be hearing any comparisons between codex and the album version of 4mw. at least in tonality.

Guest 5c0rp10

codex reminds me of open the floodgates way more than pyramid song, i dont know where people are getting that from

were people saying videotape was just the new pyramid song too???

my god, when the bass comes into bloom, i faint

listening to this album is like dreaming, but you know youre in a dream

but its reality!

I thought the same thing about Bloom. The bass there kind of reminds me of something out of Pink Floyd. You think it might be going that direction, but when Thom starts singing, it changes the whole feel of the song. I love how Radiohead are able to do that so freaking well.

I believe songs are the best when they're entirely unpredictable; you don't know how it might end or if there's going to be a certain melody or chorus.

dude, i'm a musician. I don't miss a fucking NOTE. I listened to the album carefully, twice. It's disappointing. A few nice grooves. The song airbag has more drumming on it that this entire album combined. I fucking WORSHIP radiohead, and had ZERO expectations for this album. Like NONE. But at this point I'm just sad its out. I sure hope something pans out with this "2nd" half theory people got cooked up, because this is not an album. This isn't even half an album. It's two descent songs and a bunch of unfinished ideas.

No offense but I think you couldn't be further from the truth. I think if you give it a few more listens tyou'll be able to notice how much is really going on. It's a great album.

codex is so different from anything theyve done so far. i think maybe reckoner is the closest as far as the tonality of it but i dunno, even that's a stretch. give up the ghost is more of a classic radiohead ballad, if such a thing exists.

I agree about the tonality of codex. I love the phasing of the piano's chords and horns that come in towards the end. I think it was a good contrast to the first 5 songs because of how rhythmically driven they are. Kinda sets up Ghost and separator

This is how I'm feeling it right now:

1)Lotus Flower - The best use of weird sounds on the album and Thom's best vocal hands down. Amazing.

2)Give Up the Ghost - Everything just fits so well, has a nice little build too

3)Bloom - Easily the most challenging song on the album but the more I listen the more I realize its genius.

4)Mr. Magpie - Not a lot of love for this one on the boards it seems I don't know why it's so groovy and has some trippy effects.

5)Codex - Very very touching. Seems like a lot of peoples' favorites.

6)Separator - I just like this song right now. It just doesn't work as a closer for me right now.

7)Little By Little - Like it but sometimes it falls a little flat.

8)Feral - Indifferent. Nice bridge between the different halves of the album.

Voted for Bloom, but it's a toss between Bloom and Give Up The Ghost. The former is just so damn different from what they've done it's not even funny; the latter is pure beauty, a perfect love song that just resonates so much in me.

This might change in a month or so. Right now, seems like a board favourite (Little by Little) is actually the most meh track for me...

Voted for Bloom, but it's a toss between Bloom and Give Up The Ghost. The former is just so damn different from what they've done it's not even funny; the latter is pure beauty, a perfect love song that just resonates so much in me.

This might change in a month or so. Right now, seems like a board favourite (Little by Little) is actually the most meh track for me...

Agreed LBL. And ya, Bloom is my number 2 behind LF. Codex and Give Up The Ghost are starting to seem kinda equal in my book too.