-Ryan

post places you've been to as a child that were kinda trashy

this place comes to mind immediately,

2617683290_f387519507.jpg

good time emporium, located in somerville, massachusetts.

it was a place where a kid could be a kid and play many fun games in its vast dirty floors of fun! it was also a place where an adult can be an adult and get drunk, smoke cigs and drive home.

it unfortunately closed down in 2008 :(

goodnight, sweet prince

yeah i just smelled it immediately like i was in one recently.

... i promise i wasn't in one recently.

3524160145_452d0fddf8.jpg

only now can i understand how truly disgusting the ball pit must be

oh man.

i recently realized that a local McD's didn't have one of these anymore, and in retrospect, the thought of letting your kids crawl around in there was kind of terrifying. McDonald's as a food establishment has a pretty bad track record for keeping things sanitary. Multiply that by the unhygienic, illness-prone nature of children, and the complex, high-contact play area surfaces, and you've got a pretty high probability of some gross stuff

discovery.jpg

discovery zone, yo.

yeah, i remember these, and the sketchy, hole-in-the-wall, small-business imitations of these this that didn't stay in business for long. those were probably worse than those McDonald's playplaces.

discovery.jpg

discovery zone, yo.

i find it so sad that i remember the entire jingle for this place, yet i have trouble remembering anything i learned in college.

i don't remember going to trashy places as a kid. i guess i was super classy all the way. in my favorite teal b.u.m. equipment outfit.

there was this water park whose content was disproportionately urine to water and was replete with slides and bizarre tightrope things and a big wave pool that lazily floated along half the time and sent you to the er the other half. i havent been since i was like 10 and every time i mention it it's like ive spoken of some mythological creature. im pretty sure it existed, at least.