Sign in to follow this  
skylark

LOUIE

I put money.... A lot of money.... That Louie ck is going to be one of the few coming out of this with a broken reputation but still somehow have a career down the road.

He will remain in the shadows for a few years and then appear on someone's talk show as a punch line guest

The great thing though in all this is he basically investing in his own properties. I think he lost money on Horace and how his film will never be released and that was his money too.

they're calling you out for being an abuser you absolute fucking moron

happy thanksgiving!

????

did i tease you for liking the wrong bands in 2013 or something?

is it pure curiosity or do you think there's something valuable to be learned by examining Louis's head?

i don't think i would watch it but enforced televised psychotherapy suddenly seemed to me for 1 second like agood idea

????

did i tease you for liking the wrong bands in 2013 or something?

i think user marthaclaire/iforget said when u guys were in a relationship u abused her

oh jeez is that what she said

not going to talk about that here. martha always had more/closer friends here and if it behooves her to discuss that stuff with you guys she's perfectly entitled to do so.for myself, i don't know what good it would do to smear my personal business all over this message board. people who always hated me wouldn't listen to anything i said anyway.

its a fucking joke to bring that up, though, and a testiment to user chris's immaturity and naïveté. i would guess he knows even less than he thinks he does, and his shit campaign is as stupid as it is mean.

and at the end of the day none of this has to do with the topic of public figures of significant power sexually abusing subordinates.

oh jeez is that what she said

not going to talk about that here. martha always had more/closer friends here and if it behooves her to discuss that stuff with you guys she's perfectly entitled to do so.for myself, i don't know what good it would do to smear my personal business all over this message board. people who always hated me wouldn't listen to anything i said anyway.

its a fucking joke to bring that up, though, and a testiment to user chris's immaturity and naïveté. i would guess he knows even less than he thinks he does, and his shit campaign is as stupid as it is mean.

and at the end of the day none of this has to do with the topic of public figures of significant power sexually abusing subordinates.

okay i'm "immature" and "naive" but you don't want to actually have a discussion after being accused of being an abuser? you're going to just play dumb and victimize yourself - "martha always had more/closer friends here..." roff give me a break - you're choosing not to directly address the issue so you can maintain the upper hand

my "shit campaign" ? i literally made one post extrapolating from what pitol had already spelled out, even if you chose to play dumb thereafter.

you are right that i pretty much always hated you as a poster. a very particular brand of smug, condescending, & painfully unfunny posting for which i have little tolerance (but you feel comfortable calling me "mean" somehow?). if you'll believe it, this is much bigger than that, and in fact, entirely separate. my intolerance for people who are manipulative/abusive in relationships is the much more relevant variable in my angered response. i've known them and i've seen how they operate in public to retain respect and it infuriates me. i think when it became known what happened between you and martha, nobody really knew what to do with the information. personally, i wasn't very active on the board when i found out, so it certainly wasn't my place to come in pointing fingers, "disrupting", as it were, a community with which i was only marginally involved. and when she was (quite visibly) uncomfortable with you still posting here and was powerless to do anything about it, i still didn't feel it was my place to come along and further "out" you

this is as good of a time as any, and you're so oblivious that you can't even make the connection between this and what's happening on a larger, more public scale. you're so quick to call louis ck and michael gira "monsters" but won't take accountability for your own actions. well pitol already put it best i think:

are you ever been an abuser mooks? do you deserve to be famous or held accountable for your actions? i dunno mang remember mt is a close knit community and shit gets out, should you be excommunicated from this community? this isnt an ad hominem as much as the point i was trying to make, the pervasive quotidian nature of these behaviors (which we reproduce and legitimize by ignoring, tolerating and/or perfoming them), should be met, first of all, by an uncomfortable process of soul-searching, instead of sublimating it through the consumption of celebrity culture and media in general, i mean i know we're so mediatized that its almost impossible to live an abstracted life from what transpires in media, its part of our discursive and hence material reality and it is importat to address, but i dunno, the last three replies kind of prove my point, this 'who's next' approach is the most misguided way of treating this many-sided problem, like we're more worried about how this will affect our media consumption/perception than the power interplays happening all around us all the time, like not even of a sexual nature which of course, as men, deserve our utmost attention 

so you can continue to play the bumbling idiot, shouting "I THOUGHT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT CELEBRITIES HERE" and ultimately it perhaps doesn't even matter because this is all via the dying medium of internet message boards, on a particularly inactive radiohead message board. i really just didn't want an accused abuser shrugging it off to be where that conversation ended, because that's what happens every day in the real world, and i'm fucking sick of it. 

mooks idea of abuse is far different than the average person.  you gotta break her wrists or it's not abuse.  i think being routinely fed a massive feed of lies and lines like "i feel like you use me to hurt yourself" (referring to physical grappling both sides and occcasionally worse) what a bent thing to say though, huh? 

to this day thats the shit that gets me, more now that im not in a daze all the time, just on a really bad day or when reminders pop up.  youre not a tool that someone can use to exact abusive shit on their self, in case you were confused.  i hate to post, kind of cringey for me, but rose briefly mentioned that a post was made where he laughed off/flat out denied any abuse (or that was what i thought she said) and i had to see what exactly she was talking about.  it wasnt exactly that it turns out but "oh jeez did she say that" which isn't exactly that but yeah.  i may have misunderstood her.  still pretty typical though.  

i literally talk to no one from mt in years but rose and very occasionally roger k and more recently (regretably) mooks himself.  you got to "have" mt mooks so's not to have to fill that gap spent briefly boarding with something new.  nevermind the actual relationships i had with people here and that i was far more active.  i left out of disbelief and a chilly feeling of being in too close proximity to you in some unacceptable way, given the traumatic aspects of relationship once had with u.  youu should hve left when this shit was ripe, buddy.  it would have been the best way to handle things as an adult male and you're the only one who doesn't see it.  

and no i will not be returning, no interest, but chris.'s post is pretty much spot on and i did suffer feeling tom's ability to double life and baldfaced lie to his own family instead of trending in support of me (in order to save face) was unbelievable.  no one's crying rape or assault behind the scenes in 2017/18 here though and this is the first ive logged in since it all went down. and any information i gave to anyone would have literally been relayed ages ago.  i really dont care to be here and the only people i ever bother speaking about you with are when applicable a therapist and my SO.

will probably consider this a mistake later but doesnt really matter. 

the film that was gonna come out is available wherever you illegally download your films and it's pretty crazy that this was going to be like a major release because it's literally about "what if woody allen banged my underage daughter?" so you know, that would have been fun. 

woody just needs to come out with an out and out pedo movie 

could you IMAGINE?

the reaction!

glorious

really PUSH that shit

like hell oh elle i'm about to die the fuck you gonna do!

and get tom hanks, meryl streep and a whole LOT of hip black people in on it!

somehow!

the old guy who lives across the street from me has been our neighbor since we moved into this house.  like 20+ years ago? was always a good neighbor. his granddaughter and my daughter used to play together.  

then a couple years ago i was backing into my driveway and i looked up and he was standing in his driveway, about 5 feet from the sidewalk, wearing only a robe, that was open in the front and masturbating while staring at me.

i freaked the fuck out. looked down. looked away.  just was like, BEN, WHAT THE HOLY FUCK ARE YOU DOING?

went into my house, and immediately came up with an excuse for him: he must have dementia.  must not know what he's doing.  

we don't want to think people that we think we know and like would be capable of doing something like that to us.

no, he doesn't.

my husband talked to him about it, and he admitted it.  said he wouldn't do it again.  but he has.  as a consequence, my daughters and i feel very uncomfortable with going outside if he's out there.  and he's a retired old guy who likes to just hang around in front of his house, so he's almost always out there.

yeah and it got a lot more complicated, because of his family and our relationship with them.  but my point in bringing it up is that you know, you can say, hypothetically, if this ever happened to me i would just --- whatever.  walk away. punch him. call the po po.  whatever.

but if its somebody that you thought was a friend then its hard to believe they would intentionally do something harmful like that.  so you make excuses for them.  or you don't make excuses but you think pffft i'm gonna just ignore it.  but it doesn't make the situation stop or be any better.  and eventually, you just say fuck that, thats enough.  i've reached my limit.  if he suffers for the consequences, well its his own fault.